Have you ever felt "Oh wow this album is good, I bet this band will go on to great things" or "I love every album by this band so far and they're one of my favorites!" only to have all of your love crushed by every album to come after?
What album(s) have been such a complete disappointment for you? As well, which album was the start of a streak of sh*tty albums to come?

These can either be really bad turning point albums, repetitive albums, or just flat out "what the f*ck were they thinking"?

My picks:

Himsa-Hail Horror
-I was a HUGE fan of Courting Tragedy and Disaster. I still listen to it all the time. Himsa were one of the few metalcore bands I never got bored listening to. UNTIL this album. Summon In Thunder was ok, but it could have also been a lot better. It wasn't the WORST album, but it made Himsa fall into boring metalcore land, whereas before their songs had a lot of rock and death metal influence, which in the same song was pretty sweet.

Lacuna Coil-Shallow Life

Where do I begin with this one? I love love love this band. Comalies is one of my all time favorite albums, along with Unleashed Memories and In A Reverie. Karmacode was good and bad. Some parts were excellent, some were mediocore. Guess which route they went on their newest album? While it's still decent, Shallow Life was still such a disappointment, and I fear for the bands future.

Through The Eyes Of The Dead-Malice

Ugh now what the f*ck happened here? Bloodlust was a really good album. Now, I can understand that new members can affect the overall sound, but just hearing a band from being pretty unique in a hard-to-be-unique genre (deathcore) to becoming yet another forgettable band was quite a shock.

Cradle of Filth-Thornography
While most fans of older Cradle Of Filth don't dare listen past Dusk And Her Embrace, or Midian, I was actually a fan of Damnation And A Day and Nymphetamine. I was really excited for Thornography, which ended up being a snorefest. I don't think I've listened to it more than once. Then I was really stupid and ended up buying Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder, and discovered Cradle Of Filth are still on the boring path. =/

Your turn!
And remember, be kind to others opinions, but don't be afraid to have your own!
Does it occur to you that musicians may in fact not be dedicating themselves to tending to you and your personal tastes?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Muse's new album. I was disappointed on so many levels.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by MHDrunk
Does it occur to you that musicians may in fact not be dedicating themselves to tending to you and your personal tastes?

Does it occur to you that somewhere, in some odd galaxy, people might like different things about a band, and want the band to make music they enjoy?
The playground of the world
Rise Against's new album... don't even know what it's called but it was ballsack
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Kid A
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by MHDrunk

Yes I know this, and I never said they should be. =P
Quote by Fenderhippie69

yeah.

I can enjoy it, and I do like it a lot.
but then I put in Absolution or Origin of Symmetry and realize it's just not the same.
They REALLY need to do another Stockholm Syndrome.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Metallicas a good example of this. I listned to the first 5, listed to load and reload they were meh (well made i just don't like the country rock feel) and then i heard St. Anger and almost died. Death Magnetic was good though. As i said Load and Reload were good albums i just don't like the countryish feel to it.
What an original thre-

Whew, I almost got that out with a straight face...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by maowcat
Metallicas a good example of this. I listned to the first 5, listed to load and reload they were meh (well made i just don't like the country rock feel) and then i heard St. Anger and almost died. Death Magnetic was good though. As i said Load and Reload were good albums i just don't like the countryish feel to it.

With the exception of "Mama Said", I always though of those albums as having more of a blues influence than country.

Anyway on the original topic, what I heard of Slipknots newest album was disappointing. It sounded generic to me.
The recent release from Born of Osiris - "A Higher Place". Complete shit. It was awfully mixed (all treble, no bass), all 13 songs sounded like carbon copies of each other, and the album lasted a whole of 34 minutes.

i can't think of one at the moment but i know i've been disappointed by an album before. i think Franz Ferdinand's second album was VERY disappointing.
The Academy Is - Almost Here (My favourite album ever)

The Academy Is - Can't remember the name lol (Hate it)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends (Epic album)

Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be (Pretty good as well)

Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now (Few good songs, but pretty poor)

Taking Back Sunday - New Again (I felt like spewing. Terrible)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panic At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (My first real insight into alternative punk and I love it)

Panic at the Disco - Pretty Odd (Quite terrible really, apart from Northern Downpour and When The Day Met The Night)

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving

Panic At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (My first real insight into alternative punk and I love it)

Please explain how Panic At The Disco is alternative punk?
Quote by Fenderhippie69

Really? I loved it. Sure, it was different, but it certainly was not bad. Just a different style. I love Origin of Symmetry and Absolution (more than the Resistance), but I still think that The Resistance is a great album
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Please explain how Panic At The Disco is alternative punk?

pop/shit is more like
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Quote by thanksgiving

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends (Epic album)

Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be (Pretty good as well)

Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now (Few good songs, but pretty poor)

Taking Back Sunday - New Again (I felt like spewing. Terrible)

You summed that up perfectly

TAYF and WYWTB
What would you guys define Panic at the Disco then?

It's obviously alternative, and I think it fits best into a punk genre.

Hence ALternative Punk.

Anyone care to counter?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving

Hence ALternative Punk.

Anyone care to counter?

Whilst I don't agree with you, I can't offer anything better, so I'll just +1 your mention of them in this thread.
-

Quote by jetfuel495
The new KSE record.

Seriously. Damn. As Daylight Dies was okay, not great, but their newest is just boring as shit. They just mailed it in.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Muse's new album wasn't really a disappointment for me, as after i heard all the news releases about it, i was completely turned off to it, and wasn't expecting a whole lot.

The Bravery's first album, was quite good, but they really cocked up the second one.
bloc party. silent alarm was amazing, but they got too caught up with effects and electronics in their next two albums.

the police. i loved every song off Outlandos D'Amour, but only select songs off their later albums. they got too 80s and glam later on.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
heaven shall burn's new album was a let down. they had about 3 good songs and the rest were REALLY repeptative.

all the songs on born of osiris' new one sound the same. no clue what happened to them. used to be amazing.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
Muse's new album
Franz Ferdinand-Tonight
New Found Glory-Not without a fight

are the 3 this year every other album i bought this years been good especially Vivarium-Twin Atlantic and People or the gun-Anti-Flag.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Dethalbum II. Really repetetive, its just an hour of blast-beats whereas the original Dethalbum was much more creative and varied
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
i agree with the metallica thing. Awesome albums up until load/reload..they were ok but not nearly as good. And st. anger was ok but a huge letdown for all the hype. Death magnetic was a good turn around,but then again how could it not be after st. anger.

Also linkin park-minutes to midnight.
Seems like all i wanted and linkin park fans that i know of was another great album. But instead they change their style for the album and is nothing like before hardly. I mean i heard qwerty and was told it was a potential new song for the album and thought sweet i cant wait. But then they go and release that heaping pile of crap?
Lostprophets: I enjoyed the first album. The second one was ok, a few good songs here and there. Their last effort was truly terrible though.

Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown. I just couldn't get into it. I enjoyed most of their earlier work (although don't listen to it as often now) but that album just did nothing for me. Having "Know Your Enemy" on the album, let alone the first single didn't help it though (I hate that song)

I disagree with Killswitch Engage and Minutes to Midnight though - I liked them, not either band's best album, but still enjoyable (to me anyway). I'd expect something different from either band next time though.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Quote by speakers
Rise Against's new album... don't even know what it's called but it was ballsack

I thought Appeal to Reason was brilliant. Took me a few listens to get used to it, but after that, I loved it.

As for my choice, Green Day. Not everyone loved American Idiot, but it's really what got my into them. Then I went and got into their old stuff.

Then they released 21st Century Breakdown. Nearly every song bored me so much that I had to stop myself from changing it.

AÆdit: ^Lostprophets, too. They were one of my favorite bands up until Liberation Transmission. They even spelled out exactly why it blew: "We got tired of making hard music." Oh yeah? Well that's why you suck now.
Last edited by archangels666 at Oct 20, 2009,
Ghost of a Thousand's 'New Hopes, New Demonstrations' was nowhere near the brilliant standard of 'This is Where The Fight Begins'.
Quote by thanksgiving

Hence ALternative Punk.

Anyone care to counter?

I'll take a shot at it.

I don't really feel like this song exactly qualifies as "punk."

I don't have anything against them, but they're definitely not alt punk.
Quote by lyonk55
Lostprophets: I enjoyed the first album. The second one was ok, a few good songs here and there. Their last effort was truly terrible though.

Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown. I just couldn't get into it. I enjoyed most of their earlier work (although don't listen to it as often now) but that album just did nothing for me. Having "Know Your Enemy" on the album, let alone the first single didn't help it though (I hate that song)

I disagree with Killswitch Engage and Minutes to Midnight though - I liked them, not either band's best album, but still enjoyable (to me anyway). I'd expect something different from either band next time though.

i agree on that last point for linkin park. I enjoy the album but i just dont think it's "them". And lostprophets is so true. First album was good. Second i thought was awesome. Third was mediocre/below par.
BTBAM's new album.

Shame =/
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by Its_Rock77
yeah.

I can enjoy it, and I do like it a lot.
but then I put in Absolution or Origin of Symmetry and realize it's just not the same.
They REALLY need to do another Stockholm Syndrome.

I hear they are recording Stockholm Syndrome 2 as we speak