I know that no one here would know exactly but i just got a deal on something that i might just buy and sell for profit.

I got a very good deal on a Mesa Boogie Triaxis 2.0 preamp and i just wanted to know how much i could get for it if i got it and re-sold it in Australia. The deal was incredible and considering it costs nearly 5000 dollars new i figure that even buying it and reselling it for half that would be awesome. I'm asking because i don't have any disposable income per se, i have an account with a good deal of money in it (more than enough to afford the deal) but it's mostly for when i REALLY need the money as money really doesn't go back in when it comes out.

If it could get a good deal then i would gladly do it but i don't want to jump to conclusions and realize i've lost money. I gotta admit that i'm fairly excited at the prospect because even though i can't afford to keep it, if i could seel it for almost as much profit as i'm thinking of then i could use the profit to get back the cash i spent and have enough to buy maybe even a new amp and some pedals to keep.

So if you were to lazy to read : How much would a used (but in excellent condition) Mesa Boogie Traxis 2.0 preamp go for on the australian used market?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
1800 is a good starting point i thinks.

In Europe i d say 1200Eur.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by georgakis187
1800 is a good starting point i thinks.

In Europe i d say 1200Eur.

So that would be thinking conservatively you say? Thats pretty good. I half expected that just because every time i look at the Mesa's selling on on Aussie ebay i never see anything there selling for under 2000 (besides cabs)
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Well yeah, i just checked and 1200Eur=~1950 Oz dollars so i guess 2000 if you want to drive it a little.

But you also need to remember to watch the market. If you re the only one with a triaxis for sale you could easily push it up a bit, and someone who really wants it will still pay for it.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
We get jipped on prices over here.
A second hand Dual Rec is 2000.
I doubt a preamp would pull that, maybe 1500?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
We get jipped on prices over here.
A second hand Dual Rec is 2000.
I doubt a preamp would pull that, maybe 1500?

Tbh, i ebay stalk a lot, and being one of my favorite brands its pretty much what i always search first and i have NEVER seen a Dual Rec for $2000. All of them get close to the $3000 range, and thats just for the head. Although even if you are right i would still be making profit but i think it would go a tad higher than that. Also i don't think the market would be a problem since the prices of Boogies are so high over here, enthusiasts will be looking used and since theres only about 8-15 of them on ebay at any given time (and rarely a Triaxis) i don't think there will be much competition.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie