I have some good active pickups in my bad guitar, and i am thinking of transfering them to my good guitar, however i hate pulling the lead in and out and i dont want to drill a hole in the guitar to install a switch, so I was wondering is it possible to wire up a push/pull volume or tone knob (such as the ones found with EMG 89 and other coil switching pickups) so that i can cut the circuit to the pickups by pulling/pushing the knob?

Thanks for your advice.
RG's & Mesa's
you'll probably need pickups that are usable in both active and passive mode
and the only ones i know of are the EpiActive pickups that are used in the prophecy EM guitars
Quote by steven seagull
Howver, Spider have pretty lights to keep kids with ADD occupied.

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
Just to clarify, you want an on/off switch for the battery?
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by e32lover
I have some good active pickups in my bad guitar, and i am thinking of transfering them to my good guitar, however i hate pulling the lead in and out and i dont want to drill a hole in the guitar to install a switch, so I was wondering is it possible to wire up a push/pull volume or tone knob (such as the ones found with EMG 89 and other coil switching pickups) so that i can cut the circuit to the pickups by pulling/pushing the knob?

Thanks for your advice.
Yes. You can cut the power with a push-pull. I recommend wiring this switch in addition to the stereo jack, not instead of it.

You should wire it so the power is cut if the knob is pulled. That way, it's much less likely to be turned off, accidentally while you're playing.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Remember you will need a 25k pot with a push-pull attached.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x