so i just got a united abominations vmntx( as a gift) and im looking to sand off and repaint the top portion where the hideous art is to a solid dark red. i just need suggestions on which spray paint works best and what type of sand paper, if that even has to be specific. thanks for the help.
Car paint man, get a local shop to mix the color you want. Rough the paint up with a tough grit and then go up in grits until smooth. You don't have to go down to the bare wood. Apply a primer and wet sand it until it's smooth, then repeat. You can then add coats of color, with wetsanding between each coat until your desired color is reached. You would then apply layers of clear whether you want it laquer or poly and sand in between the coats until you have a thick coat of clear. Buff with rubbing compound and yeah.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Quote by Gibshall
Car paint man, get a local shop to mix the color you want. Rough the paint up with a tough grit and then go up in grits until smooth. You don't have to go down to the bare wood. Apply a primer and wet sand it until it's smooth, then repeat. You can then add coats of color, with wetsanding between each coat until your desired color is reached. You would then apply layers of clear whether you want it laquer or poly and sand in between the coats until you have a thick coat of clear. Buff with rubbing compound and yeah.

Not too bad at all

OP. Check this link for the finer details.

CLICKY
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!