in sitting position....
tired of finger speed exercise and turned into slow blues improvisation lately
esp the 6E and 5A......-_-!
get a good buddy to hold the strings for you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYlx5gW90Aw
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
I'm confused... are you asking which fingers to use when playing on frets higher than 12?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
let me rephrase my question....my problem is that only my index and middle fingers and run freely (to the extend that you can play melody) over 6E and 5A after 12th fret...i am not sure if i got the wrong guitar, or that it is that way it is supposed to be and people seldom solo over 6e and 5a after 12th fret...or i am not playing in the right posture...
Quote by molala2
let me rephrase my question....my problem is that only my index and middle fingers and run freely (to the extend that you can play melody) over 6E and 5A after 12th fret...i am not sure if i got the wrong guitar, or that it is that way it is supposed to be and people seldom solo over 6e and 5a after 12th fret...or i am not playing in the right posture...

It should get a bit harder after about 17th fret low E to reach up there, if you already can't do it on the 12th low E, then your posture is definitely wrong.
Quote by molala2

I would put money on it being your posture in some way, make sure you're sitting correctly and your thumb is low on the back of the neck.

However it is also true that some guitars just have terrible upper fret access, what guitar are you actually using?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
IBANEZ JEM JR
it wasnt too bad when i was with strat
Quote by molala2
IBANEZ JEM JR
it wasnt too bad when i was with strat

LOL.

It's your posture.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i guess so coz if i sit lower my pinky could barely touch the 17 like someone above said
yes it was my posture

the neck should point to NW (if face is facing N). the problem was caused by me pointing the neck to the W.

has nothing to do with ibanez's neck structure.
huh............

I need pics to fully comprehend this.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
So you played with the neck completely horizontal parallel to the ground?

That would be painful.
Lol i get it. Diagonal to your body, as opposed to perpendicular to your body. Your posture is better now.
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key
Last edited by Elden G20 at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by Timothongz
So you played with the neck completely horizontal parallel to the ground?

That would be painful.

parallel to the ground (which is wrong) and parallel to my shoulders (which is also wrong)

yes i am feeling painful in my left hand already....need to take a day off my practice
just find a better hand position than you're using pre-12th fret and make sure note changes are smooth dont just use two fingers, use all of them when your practicing
Quote by Chris3235
pics?

might help us out a lot.

No need, TS has a guitar with good upper fret access and can't seem to reach some things - it's poor posture. Not only is this logicall deducement but TS has said so as well.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.