I got a Fender Blues JR, just got it a couple of weeks ago. When i turn it on there is a sputtering sound, that sounds similar to when you hold a can of compressed air upside down and spray it. Any ideas on why it is making this noise?
Last edited by aroth897 at Oct 20, 2009,
I have ruled out guitar, cables, pedals, ect because it makes this noise when there is nothing plugged into the amp.
Well in that case, if it is not a bad preamp tube it may be something more series. Buy a new preamp tube and swap it one for one with the existing tubes to see if the problem goes away. If not, exercise your warranty or take it to a tech. Preamp tubes are pretty cheap and good to have on hand anyway so it is not a sunk cost.
If its a really old tube amp it makes those noises mines 30 years old and I get the same noise and theres not much yo do about it but get a new amp.
Its almost brand new, i got it less than two weeks ago. I wanted to make sure it wasnt something that i could easily fix, i guess i will just have to make the trek back to return it and get it fixed, im thinking i might just cough up the extra 100 bucks and get a Vox AC-15