Mkay, so chances are if you clicked on this thread, then you know what I'm talking about. You know how in Nirvana's Unplugged show, the guitar sounds not quite like an acoustic guitar? Like, with Pearl Jam's and Alice in Chains' shows, the guitar sounds more acoustic, but in Nirvana's, it sounds kind of like someone playing electric guitar with an amp, but clean. Does anyone have any insight as to why the guitar sounds like this? Here's a link to one of the songs in case you need some extra explanation my brain can't provide, mkay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_apoJ0LLCk
Kthx bai
Last edited by CobainReborn at Oct 20, 2009,
its partly because of the speakers. mostly however, its because kurt's guitar has two actual pickups where the sound is primarily coming from.
in all honesty, you could have gotten all this info from google. less than thirty seconds on google gave me this
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
idk i can never find specific things like that when i google them

wow thats weird i nevr saw an acoustic electric with 2 pickups
Last edited by Riffofthebeast at Oct 20, 2009,
I'm pretty sure Kurt got his tone on Unplugged because he ran his acoustic guitar through his Fender amp...not sure exactly what model though.

And my acoustic guitar doesn't necessarily have two pickups, but it has a pickup and a mic in it. Just thought I'd share it.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
I'm pretty sure Kurt got his tone on Unplugged because he ran his acoustic guitar through his Fender amp...not sure exactly what model though.

This is true. He was too uncomfortable to play without it, and he didn't want people to know that he was playing through it. So, they disguised it as a monitor. If you actually watch the entire performance, you can see him get up to change the channel on it.

I'm not sure what model the amp was, but it was one that he always used.
That guitar was an atrocity. Two honkin' humbuckers bolted to a perfectly good D-18 (by the factory, nonetheless)? No thanks.

But the guitar is a Martin D-18E (from 1960 maybe??), if your curious. I think they were made for about 6 months and are incredibly un-collectible because they sound like electric guitars.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Oct 20, 2009,
yeah i read that he didnt feel comfortable playing purely accoustic so ran through his fender amp that they hid in a wedge or something... but yeah he did play some weird guitars... i just read that a few posted this too woops...
Quote by wobneb
yeah i read that he didnt feel comfortable playing purely accoustic so ran through his fender amp that they hid in a wedge or something... but yeah he did play some weird guitars... i just read that a few posted this too woops...

Meh. That's alright others posted, I guess you're just backing their answers XD it's cool. Yeah, that does sound about right, I heard the same thing, but it still sounds a bit different to me o.o oh well, maybe I'm just a dumbass, ya know?