I have an Ibanez rg7321 that I've had for 2 years and it has never intonated properly on the low b string. The top 6 strings intonate and tune perfectly but for some reason the b just wont i get it just right with the 12th fret harmonic/fretted note method and the 24th fret even but when i play the 5th fret to e it's just way off, the note on the b sounds way sharp but reads flat.

I've searched google already on and off for the past week or so.. this time, i checked sevenstring.org, youtube, searched here and nothing. Maybe someone here will know.
^ this is true, especially as you will probably never need to play the B above the 12th fret anyway.

Also, using a heavier guage of string may help intonate more easily, the ones they sell you in the dedicated 7 string packs are way too light in my opinion
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Alright, thanks for the tips I'll try picking up a heavier string to use for the b next time but the problem is that the tunings all screwy around 5th, I just cant figure out why that would be.