I'm about to buy an Epi LP Custom but I'm having second thoughts. I'm only really worried that it wont play my metal very well ( I have a Peavey Triumph 120W 1x12 ) but I'm not sure if the amp will carry it as far as metal goes.

What do you guys think? I read the reviews on this site and a lot of people seem to be saying they have really good harmonic response which is awesome.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
if got an epi les paul standard, so its not exactly the same model, but i can get brilliant tones for metal out of it! it is brilliant for everything i have tried it for so for!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
well amps are more important but with epis i reckon you just slap some new pickups in it and then its better than the lower end gibsons
ibanez has good prices for metal guitars

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
My LP custom is brilliant, with my Blackstar it'll easily do metal. You may want to consider a pickup change, but it's an incredible guitar.
Well I don't want it for metal, I want it for everything I play for now. Which can be from Metal to Punk to Grunge so yeah.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
It handles almost every style pretty well. Always try before you buy, but I'm seriously impressed by mine.
Quote by irishstang_87
You may want to consider a pickup change, but it's an incredible guitar.

This x3 for me.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
If you want a LP for metal get an ESP EC-1000. They have EMGs. You can also check out Agile's LP-copy selection. They have some with EMGs =D. www.rondomusic.com
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

this guitar+ emgs=sex (sex for around 600 bucks mind you)

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
No, the Epi Custom is basically a standard but with annoying gold hardware. And if you want to play metal, get a LTD EC-1000 it cost the same as the Epi Custom right now.
If you want an LP but are heavy into metal, I'd look at an Eclipse or EC-1000