Really
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
GRANTED! NOW YOU COMMIT SUICIDE!

i wish lexanirider didn't have to kill himself.

What's your fastest Super Metroid time?

PM me and let me know.
I like Green Day, it doesn't matter how technical music is, and it's not all just power chords stop being so ignorant.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
While they have been formulaic with their last two albums, I honestly can't complain. It's a helluva formula they're using.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Quote by pwnerer
Why is this is the 'other' forum?

Indeed, why don't you go take this info to people who care? (AKA the greenday topic)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Obvious troll is hella obvious.

Here, I've got some other formulas:

House, Trance, and Techno - 4 on the floor bass drums, 808s and 909s galore, an entire genre "Acid" -of which there are house, trance, and techno subgenres - was named after one bassline synthesizer, the TB-303

Metal (core, and its subjenres) - Double-kick drumming, pig squeals drop (x) power chords, breakdowns, sweep picking, tapping, tremolo picking, and solos

Blues - Twelve bar patterns of I-IV-I-I IV-IV-I-I V-IV-I-V - Pentatonic scale solos

Bossa - I swear, every bossa nova song has the exact same kickass drumbeat

Breakbeats/Jungle - Quite a lot of chopped-up breaks from The Winstons - Amen Brother, and James Brown - Funky Drummer - the stuff that has been done with these 6 second audio samples blows my mind, look up "breakcore" for some of the more extreme manipulations by people like Venetian Snares

Classical music - Based on strict rules such as cadences and such that would make music sound "good"

Marches - Two-step rhythms with contrasting shots on the on- and off-beats

Concert music - Multiple movements, usually a fanfare-like opener, a slower, ballad-like middle movement, and a faster last movement

Etcetera, etcetera.

Do you know why these formulas are inherent in different types of music?

Because the formulas are tried and true.
Last edited by xaviergray at Nov 1, 2009,
Quote by guitarskidraw
dude, green day just uses power chords and most of their songs are in the same key!

Yep and it works amazingly well.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett