Quote by endless_fight1
Thinking about jumping on this but I'm not sure.... http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/1429509171.html You guys think it's legit?

this is what interests me:

Before I sold it the first time

Dunno why but that doesn't sound too convincing.

That and I think a TriAmp NEEDS the blue glass
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
if its legit you better hop on that now, I don't know enough about H+K's to tell from pictures, but if that is legit for 600$ you'd be in a helmet already if you didn't
Pass, unless that's a SMOKIN' deal.

Nice amp, but a couple red flags.

It's been modded, but he doesn't knowhow, so he doesn't know much about this amp, or probably amps in general. Why would he be so confident it's just the reverb pan that's broken?

Nothing against Groove Tubes, they're cheap and ok reliable, but if someone just slaps them in there to make it sellable, I'm usually not too impressed.

If this "Bob Mahoney" is the guy at Rockin' Bob's, then that's good, he's supposed to be one the good guys. Never met or worked with him, though, and why didn't he take it back to him AFTER this UPS debacle?

Why can't/couldn't Bob tell him what the mods were?

A clean bill of health BEFORE some horrifying amp-crushing accident doesn't do much for me.

I guess if these normally sell used for about $1,000, I would go for it.

But if this is only a hundo or two below market, pass.
If it's a MK2, I definitely would, even if it still needs some work.

If it's an MKI, I would need A LOT of information from him and need him to take it to a tech to at least be checked out, I wouldn't mind paying the consultation fee, or at least half of it, if the amp really was in good health afterward. If not, he can pay to get it fixed or lower his price even more, as how he's advertising it now, it's a fully-operational amp (besides the Reverb).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
...idk...I agree about the red flags. I read the listing before reading the entire thread and the same things jumped out at me. I'd definitely have a tech go over it.
Thanks guys. I think I'll pass on this one. It is pretty sketchy and I don't want to risk it. Plus it looks like crap.
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger