Im about to buy new strings for my dime from hell, and I need input on what lasts a while.... I've heard that elixers are excellent, and ive had some dime strings on there, and there amazing, I just popped two ernie ball slinkys(pink), in one day, so I need some new ones- thx in advance.
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
all depends on what you like to play with, I myself prefer GHS .10 guitar boomers, i have never tried elixirs out but i have tried ernie ball slinks and i didnt like em that much.
It's all prefrence. I don't really like EB's. I do like elixirs, and they last a long long time, definately worth the money, so long as you like the feel
I honestly love elixirs, last ages., but I also heard that they can be crap with a tremolo system (floyd rose type).

So before you go divin' right in em, I'd check that out first.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Jman09
all depends on what you like to play with, I myself prefer GHS .10 guitar boomers, i have never tried elixirs out but i have tried ernie ball slinks and i didnt like em that much.

ive found that boomers work better for single coils, coated strings last the longest obviously and elixer/ernie ball work awesome
Quote by Dimefromhell12
I just popped two ernie ball slinkys(pink), in one day, so I need some new ones- thx in advance.

thats not good, super slinky is what i use for all my guitars ive only popped about 5 strings ever
thanx you guys. its been a while since ive actually typed. but imma get some elixers and see. ive always heard that they break easily
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
Quote by Jman09

Are they the hybrids? like, EAD are wound, and GBe are flat wound?

I myself use GHS .10s, but I got what I just mentioned above. I've heard good things about Elixers, but also heard that the coating on them takes away from tone and what not, if that's not a problem for you then try out those. I had bad problems with Ernie Ball, just don't feel right to me.
I love the Dunlop strings, I've never had a problem with them ever, they last a long time too.
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss SD-1
Marshall MG15DFX

Quote by pwrmax
Kerry King always solos in the key of Satan

Quote by Zach Dunn
just need something meaty like a chubby vagina, yet less bassy and and more trebly.
d addario. only strings ill use. very good sound. last a while. i try to change strings every 3-5 months. just always clean your strings with a good string cleaner. dunlops cleaning supplies for guitars are pretty nice.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
ClearTone EMPs! i said in another thread the other day that they are cheaper than elixers but i discovered today they are the same. the last set i bought was so long ago i had forgotten! they lasted longer than any elixers ive used. what finally did them in was a long show and my mega sweaty hands. but id recommend them over anything.

ive also recently used the dimebag high voltage DR 10-52s and those lasted quite a while for non-coated strings. they'd go well with your helldime guitar!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

DR tite fits are pretty good, they last ages and can take some battering with a floyd rose
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer