I know of a guy who is selling his 1986 2 Channel JCM 800 with a 4x12 cab loaded with Celestion 75s for $1000. I was originally saving up for a Splawn Quickrod but then I saw this. Should I take it or get the Splawn?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!one!!!!!!
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
You could save $100 more and buy the Splawn and have a better drive channel (imo) and a much better clean channel, though you wouldn't have the cab

Up to you, but I'd much rather have the Splawn than a 2 channel 800.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
You could save $100 more and buy the Splawn and have a better drive channel (imo) and a much better clean channel

$1000 for that amp is too much IMO.

Listen to this guy.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by chrisa123
TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!one!!!!!!

L
O
L

take it now!!! thats an amazing deal!! u can get the splawn any day

GET IT NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Where can I get a Quickrod for $1100??
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by tubetime86
Listen to this guy.

I didn't realize he said it came with a cab though

Edited the post. $1000 is a pretty good deal, but if you want a nice hotrodded 800 tone with a much improved clean channel, the Splawn is the way to go. If you want a classic Marshall tone and aren't planning on boosting it for more gain, then the 800 is the way to go.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Where can I get a Quickrod for $1100??

Harmony-Central, TheGearPage, eBay, etc.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 20, 2009,
Dude just go and buy it ffs. If you don't god will kill a kitten.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Ahhh now I found another guy who's selling a 1976 50 watt Marshall with a 4x12 cab of Warehouse Veteran 30s for $1500. I don't know what to get!!!
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Ahhh now I found another guy who's selling a 1976 50 watt Marshall with a 4x12 cab of Warehouse Veteran 30s for $1500. I don't know what to get!!!

What kind of tones are you going for?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I personally would go with the Quick Rod but I'm biased

Gear 1 = Plexi
Gear 2 = Hot rodded 800
Gear 3 = Super hot rodded 800

OD1 and OD 2 for each of those gears and then the Clean channel.

BUT - that deal you found for $1,000 is pretty good.

You can find Splawns For Sale on the Splawn site as well as use the link in my sig to find gear. Good luck.
Van Halen, some punk rock, Jimi Hendrix, RATM, Red Hot Chili Peppers. I know I want a Marshall type of voice and gain structure because I've played alot of them and I've liked them. Now its just narrowing it down to what model or what clone I'm going to get.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Van Halen, some punk rock, Jimi Hendrix, RATM, Red Hot Chili Peppers. I know I want a Marshall type of voice and gain structure because I've played alot of them and I've liked them. Now its just narrowing it down to what model or what clone I'm going to get.

Hmm...

Well in that case, I'd probably go with the 800. You're not looking for particularly high gain tones, so the 800 should be able to handle those well. The 2 channel ones have effects loops as well if I'm not mistaken, so you can always add in an EQ to shape the tone a bit more.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hmm.. I was looking around the Gear Page and Ebay and nobody on Ebay is even selling a Quickrod. On The Gear Page the lowest price for a Quickrod I could find was a firm $1400. Is $1100 pretty low to find on that amp?
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Hmm.. I was looking around the Gear Page and Ebay and nobody on Ebay is even selling a Quickrod. On The Gear Page the lowest price for a Quickrod I could find was a firm $1400. Is $1100 pretty low to find on that amp?

Not really... $1400 is pretty high, you can get a Nitro for that
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you don't mind me asking, when you got your Quickrod how much did you find it for? And did it take you a while to find it for a decent price?
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by MatrixClaw
I didn't realize he said it came with a cab though

Haha that's why I didn't state my opinion but simply said to listen to yours. Sometimes the best advice I can give is whose advice to follow.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

You can find Splawns For Sale on the Splawn site as well as use the link in my sig to find gear. Good luck.

uuummmm....

Using the link in my sig I just found one for $1,200, one that sold for $1,175 and one on eBay with a current bid of $800.

Personally, I think you would like the versatility with the Gears - for what you play.
thats pretty cheap for a jcm 800, imo
i never find all these good deals around here....
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION