So im going to the guitar center tomorrow, so i was browsing around the website to make a list what i wanted to try.

my attention was caught by this: a gibson les paul studio faded WB, for only 650 euros. I was like wtf cause i thought studio les pauls were about a 1000 euro's.

then i checked reviews on UG and i saw that there were different reviews for the faded and the not faded studio.

then i saw that the non faded was 350 euros more expensive.

Could someone please tell me the diffrences except that the name of one guitar has faded in it and has another colour?

and would you recommend this for (fast paced) melodic death metal playing and shredding?

If this thread is not allowed in anyway, or if it is double posted il delete it.

Ty in advance
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Well, first of all, there's probably better guitars for it, but I suppose it can do it.

And it's essentially because the other guitar has a gloss finish. That's it really.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, first of all, there's probably better guitars for it, but I suppose it can do it.

And it's essentially because the other guitar has a gloss finish. That's it really.

Ok, ty

that is a really big price difference btw :O
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
normal studio has a maple top, faded studio does not. the ones that do are the same price.
The reason they advertise it as Faded is because there's not as many layers(three as opposed to seven, i think) of clearcoat in the finish, therefore cutting a lot of work with producing the guitar. Apart from that the faded's are generally cool, my main guitar is a gibson lp standard faded, although i did get the top refinished. It's a great guitar and i do play it over a custom i've got.

Thing about gibsons though, is that they are hit and miss these days; some are great and some are poop. Make sure to try them all out.
The "worn" Studio models don't have as many coats of the nitrocellulose paint.

Resulting in less labor, and a less shiny coat. And a cheaper price. On top of that, the quality control on the Studio/Faded models aren't as great as the Standards or Traditionals.
Quote by ziggymidget
The reason they advertise it as Faded is because there's not as many layers(three as opposed to seven, i think) of clearcoat in the finish, therefore cutting a lot of work with producing the guitar. Apart from that the faded's are generally cool, my main guitar is a gibson lp standard faded, although i did get the top refinished. It's a great guitar and i do play it over a custom i've got.

Thing about gibsons though, is that they are hit and miss these days; some are great and some are poop. Make sure to try them all out.

ah k that makes the 300 more pretty reasonable

Ive been looking for a second axe (i need one desperately)

this might be a candidate

EDIT: This is the guitar in question btw: http://www.feedback.nl/electrische-gitaren/gibson/les-paul-studio-faded-wb Its in dutch
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Last edited by Lobyte at Oct 20, 2009,
They're also (I believe) chambered. The guy down the hall has one, and it's WAY lighter than a normal Studio. Maybe that's not why it's lighter, but it definitely is. To me, it feels like a toy.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
My brain is still recovering from reading 'melodic death metal'.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I love the necks on them. The one i played on was very fast, and felt like satin. But it was satin finished really. Its a great feel. Youll love it when you play it.
Quote by MrFlibble

Lol, At the Gates, Amon amarth, later Carcass for an example

I love the necks on them. The one i played on was very fast, and felt like satin. But it was satin finished really. Its a great feel. Youll love it when you play it.

K cool cant wait till tomorrow to try it out
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Last edited by Lobyte at Oct 20, 2009,
The faded has a mahogany top and the burstbucker pro pickup set. The glossy one has a finished maple top and the 496 498 pickup set (I like the bb pro set much better.)
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

I can't tell if that's the worn series or not.

Try it, if it plays nice, then you have to make a call. If it doesn't do it, move on. It's about as cheap as you will find a new gibson, shy of the melody maker.
Ok thx guys, Good posts

Im gonna go try it in half an hour, Ill post the results when i get back
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Quote by MrFlibble

Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
aaah the ****ing thing sold out : / next load coming in two weeks
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Quote by MrFlibble

.....whats wrong with melodic death metal???
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
.....whats wrong with melodic death metal???

I don't know either
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Quote by Lobyte
I don't know either

Uness you get some EMG's or summin like that put in there it wont sound very death metally lol.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by Tokai09
Uness you get some EMG's or summin like that put in there it wont sound very death metally lol.

I dunno it would probably be an original sound :P I tried emgs at the guitar shop, could be the shitty amp but the only difference i heard was that the sound was more boring
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Quote by Tokai09

Its not that, its just the criticism of the genre itself.....
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10