which of these amps will suit me best? I'm looking at the 2 channel JVM vs the Vintage Modern 50w head. I play classic rock, hard rock and a little classic metal. (think everything from Queen, Beatles and other 60s brit stuff to Metallica, Van Halen and some Brit hard rock)

Anything else in that price range to recommend and I'll consider it
played them both a while ago and ended up with the JVM
in my opinion it is more versatile and you don't have to turn it up that loud to get a good sound.
but as always, play both and see what you like best.
Not a fan of either really, but the VM sounds better to me than the JVM

Many other amps I'd rather have for the money though. There's 2 6100s on HC right now that will completely destroy either one and you could probably pick them up from either of them for ~$800. I'd start there.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Mark IV head or combo used. Should be able to find one for around the price of a used JVM. But, if your only looking at those two, bump up and get the 410h. I will warn you, the build quality is pretty bad in new Marshalls, especially the JVM. But it has plenty of gain, but with the JVM gain > tone.
i didn't like the vintage modern when i tried it, it sounded horrible unless it was really cranked, and even then it was ridiculously hard to dial in a tone which wasn't either too bright, or too muddy.

The JVM is a lot more versatile, and I preferred its tone, too.

The valvepower cahum suggested would be nice, but would need some serious persuasion to do those heavier tones. you'd probably need a couple of boosts, or a good distortion pedal combined with an overdrive. something like that, anyway.

what kind of budget do you have? around a grand, i guess? you've probably got quite a few options, but a lot of things have been going up quite a bit, recently, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think he's in the UK
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
I prefer the JVM, it's really a very underrated amp, does a lot of sounds really well imo.
Quote by al112987
I prefer the JVM, it's really a very underrated amp, does a lot of sounds really well imo.

+1.

I like the VM more though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by al112987

Completely disagree. I think it's a very overrated amp, but to each their own
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by al112987

same here.

the VM didn't quite do it for me, but its still sounds pretty decent
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects: