My dean vendetta xm has an earthing problem, a loud buzz that goes away whenever I touch a metal part of the guitar. Im using a peavey rage 158 15 watt amp. Anyone help?
check your ground wires...make sure theyre soldered correctly and make sure the bridge ground is still contacting the bridge.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
It's normal. Good humbuckers will help alot. Hum will always go away when you touch grounded parts of a guitar. I won't go into the details, but basically your body acts as a shield, absorbing noise instead of an antenna, picking it up.
Quote by Invader Jim
It's normal. Good humbuckers will help alot. Hum will always go away when you touch grounded parts of a guitar. I won't go into the details, but basically your body acts as a shield, absorbing noise instead of an antenna, picking it up.

So can you make something else act as a shield to get rid of the hum?
Impossible is Nothing
No, that's not how it works. Your body is a very good antenna for EMI, RF, and all that other crap in the airwaves. All the crap your body picks up from the circuit and the air is sent to ground when you touch the grounded stuff. Idk how to explain it.

If you reverse the jack leads or smt, then the noise is amplified. That's what I'm getting at. Ground fault=increased noise when touching grounds. Ok grounding=noise reduced or eliminated when touching grounds.

Grounding is a very tricky subject...
Quote by Invader Jim
No, that's not how it works. Your body is a very good antenna for EMI, RF, and all that other crap in the airwaves. All the crap your body picks up from the circuit and the air is sent to ground when you touch the grounded stuff. Idk how to explain it.

If you reverse the jack leads or smt, then the noise is amplified. That's what I'm getting at. Ground fault=increased noise when touching grounds. Ok grounding=noise reduced or eliminated when touching grounds.

Grounding is a very tricky subject...

That sucks cause I just spent the past day and a half putting in adhesive copper foil, grounding it, adding ground wires, and doing a ton of reading and other stuff trying to remove the hum. Its dead quiet when you touch the strings though
Impossible is Nothing
I'm relatively new to guitar, and electricals. What are ground wires, has anyone got any diagrams or anything. I've lowered the action if that'll help. Thanks for your help.