Page 1 of 2
Hi!

I have built a guitar that i think is the ultimate guitar for my needs. This was my final project in highschool. I live in Sweeden. I will post pictures and explain what the guitar can do. I hope you like it! Im no guitarbuilder but it was a lot of hard work and fun and now i got the ultimate guitar. I hope that someday, this guitars will be sold at the music stores.

(Invalid img)
This is the body that is made from alder and a maple top. You can see that the electronics is well hidden. It feels, weights and look like a normal guitar, but its not.
(Invalid img)
This is the back. The extra electronics is hidden behind hatches made of alder.
(Invalid img)
This is the logo on the head. GigantasticO
(Invalid img)
This is a poster with some info on english and chinese. EDIT: This is not for advertising. I have been to China with my project because i won a scholarship. This poster was used to show my project in china

Next I'll be posting some info about the guitar. Plese give me som feedback, Do you think this is a ULTIMATE guitar? (funny thing that its the name of this page. I just need to put som info here)
Attachments:
git 1.jpg
git 3.jpg
git poste.jpg
git 2.jpg
Last edited by Gigantastico at Oct 20, 2009,
cool
I'm not a big fan of the antenna sticking out of the body there, but.. it's still pretty cool.

what kind of effects/ amp models do you have built in?

edit:

in that second picture, what's the black circular thing on the side of the guitar, in between the antenna and strap button?
Last edited by james4 at Oct 20, 2009,
(Invalid img)
It has built in effects and a tuner.
5 amp models with sound from clean to metal
Effects:Chorus, Tremolo, Flange, Delay, Spring Reverb, Hall Reverb
(Invalid img)
Its wireless without an annoying beltpack. 24 h battery time with one AA battery
(Invalid img)
It got a instrument output and a stereo headphone output. Realy easy to use and no need for an amp if you just want to play by your self.
(Invalid img)
With these two switches you can choose what stuf you want to use. One for putting the effects on/off, and the other one for wireless or cable.
(Invalid img)
Magnetic hatch for the batteries to the effects for easy changing. 8h battery time for 4 AAA batteries
Attachments:
git effects and tuner.jpg
git headphone output.jpg
git magnetic.jpg
git switches.jpg
git wireless.jpg
Quote by james4
cool
I'm not a big fan of the antenna sticking out of the body there, but.. it's still pretty cool.

what kind of effects/ amp models do you have built in?

edit:

in that second picture, what's the black circular thing on the side of the guitar, in between the antenna and strap button?

The antenna is soft so its not going to break. Its not in the way when you play. The black thing is a batterybox. I've posted more pictures!
Quote by Gigantastico
The antenna is soft so its not going to break. Its not in the way when you play. The black thing is a batterybox. I've posted more pictures!

I didn't realize you were posting more pictures until after I posted

but that's pretty cool.

what did you use to design the internal effects?
like, is it all original, or did you clone existing circuits?
Quote by james4
I didn't realize you were posting more pictures until after I posted

but that's pretty cool.

what did you use to design the internal effects?
like, is it all original, or did you clone existing circuits?

I used a Line 6 Pocket Pod Express that i modyfied for internal use and made adapters for normal guitar knobs.
(Invalid img)
Attachments:
poddd.jpg
Looks good, although that poster-style thing will probably get this closed, as it seems kind of like advertising. Nice choice in colour, though. I like blue guitars.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
aaa batteries? so yr running the effects at 6v? why does that sound like a really bad idea? isnt a waste of space when a 9v would give you more juice/battery life in less space than 4 aaa batteries.

i dont like it. i dont know why. i just dont. sorry.

edit: just saw you added pics of the pocket pod you put inside which explains the bad choice in battery power. still... nothing really impressive or ultimate about this guitar to me. even less impressive knowing that your onboard fx are just from a pocket pod.
Last edited by noisefarmer at Oct 20, 2009,
Quote by Gigantastico
I used a Line 6 Pocket Pod Express that i modyfied for internal use and made adapters for normal guitar knobs.
(Invalid img)

Nice job.
Why did you put a magnetic backing on the controls cos wont that drain the batterys more?
Wat pickups has it got , customs or wat?
How does it sound? clipz pls!!!!

EDIT: only problem i can spot IMO is i dont like the bridge TOMs and FR ftw!
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Oct 20, 2009,
Quote by noisefarmer
aaa batteries? so yr running the effects at 6v? why does that sound like a really bad idea? isnt a waste of space when a 9v would give you more juice/battery life in less space than 4 aaa batteries.

i dont like it. i dont know why. i just dont. sorry.

edit: just saw you added pics of the pocket pod you put inside which explains the bad choice in battery power. still... nothing really impressive or ultimate about this guitar to me. even less impressive knowing that your onboard fx are just from a pocket pod.

I dont have the knowledge or money to produce my own components. But the pocketpod express has everything i wanted in my guitar. I know the batteries can seem like a bad choise but it works realy good.

My guitar is allways ready to rock! No time for installation, no extra equipment in the guitarbag...
Quote by mikevsself
oh man thats the dankest thing
what kind of guitar is that?

Its my own guitar, GigantasticO. I've bought the neck but I built the body from scratch.
It has got everything I need and I realy like it.
I just want to explain the reason why i posted this... I know everything isn't perfect but I think that the idea is good. This is what I want in a guitar. Everybody has different needs, this is made for my needs.
More people should build guitars thats not like they allways been.
If someone has a cool idea, please share it! Lets find out what changes i can do for the next guitar. Im not gibson or line 6, im just a guitarist like all of you that think the electric guitar can be even better than it is today. Seems that im the only one with that opinion.
Thats really good man, are you gonna post some sound clips, or a youtube video demonstrating all the effects and stuff?
Impossible is Nothing
Quote by noisefarmer
A 9v is good for 625 mAh. aaa bateries can do 1250 mAh. 4 aaa batteries store more energy than a single 9v.

What I dislike:
The cavity covers look like they stand a little tall.
Do the routings need to be a little deeper for those covers?
Or is it just a poor match of the paint that makes it look that way?

What I like:
Rectangular openings for slide switches and levers are difficult to finish, having square corners. You've done well to make them look so good.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by solomon684
Thats really good man, are you gonna post some sound clips, or a youtube video demonstrating all the effects and stuff?

I dont have a cam all i can show you is a realy bad soundclip that i found on my computer. Bad sound quality. But I must warn you that the guitar is out of tune and that it just shows a couple of the sounds. But if you want to hear:
http://forum.studio.se/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5522

I also got a clip from a Swedish television DiTV. Im in the start and beginning, just playing stairway to heaven:
http://ditv.se/2009/03/23/de-skapar-framtidens-affarer
syk, yr right. but 4aaa batteries would also only be 6v. when i saw that there were 4 aaa in there all i thought of was the headroom of what effects were in it running off of 6v instead of 9v, before he posted the pocket pod pics. still only 8 hours of battery time according to gigantastico... 8 hours seems pretty useless imho.
This is very cool!

The whole thing would have to be a little cleaner to ever sell but hey either build 20 guitars and get good at that or have a chinese factory do it on a cnc...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

What I dislike:

The cover for the batteries need to be a little tall for easier access. But the others is like 1mm tall, because I didnt think about that the paintwork would bring the covers up... But its my first guitar, I cant make everything perfect. I still like the result
Umm I don't think you'll be able to sell it as your own product with a POD circuit in there. Then again what do I know. Is that illegal?
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Quote by Ribcage
Umm I don't think you'll be able to sell it as your own product with a POD circuit in there. Then again what do I know. Is that illegal?

I dont know but my intentions is just too show that its possible. I would love it if Line 6 wanted to make this product I dont think I can make money of this and Im no guitarbuilder. But if someone is interested in building something like this mabye I can be helpfull
Quote by Gigantastico
But the others is like 1mm tall, because I didnt think about that the paintwork would bring the covers up... But its my first guitar, I cant make everything perfect.
Okay, so you know why it didn't come out perfect and can make allowances for that on your next attempt, right?

Quote by Gigantastico
I still like the result
Yeah, all-in-all it's quite nice.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Very Interesting. I can see where this could go.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Didn't Line 6 do something similar with the Variax?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

What I dislike:

SYK no offence but you're starting to sound like guitarcam now!

This guitar is totally awesome! I bet the chineese were impressed.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
My ultimate guitar is made of wood, has strings and pickups an output jack amongst other things. I thought about doing a wireless one once, but I decided against it... I guess I just like messin around with pedals an wires on the floor rather then on my guitar. Nice idea tho.
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
Quote by eddiehimself
SYK no offence but you're starting to sound like guitarcam now!

This guitar is totally awesome! I bet the chineese were impressed.
No offense, but you're starting to sound like a dumb-ass fanboy!

I didn't bust his balls about it. I made a critical comment about something that could have been done better. In case you hadn't noticed, it was not a hatchet-job and TS identified why things went a little off.

Does this kind of discussion trouble you somehow? Too bad. Just say what you have to say about the guitar to the TS and shut the fuck up about discussions he and I are having.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Do you think this is a ULTIMATE guitar?

Depends on how good it sounds.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Last edited by Balmazer at Oct 20, 2009,
Quote by Balmazer
Do you think this is a ULTIMATE guitar?

Yes, for my needs what would you like a guitar to have to be ultimate, except good sound and feeling?
I like the idea and all the thought you seem to have put into the function while still maintaining form. The magnetic battery cover is a good idea that eliminates needing a screwdriver every time a battery dies.
Regarding the magnetic battery cover, what type of magnets did you use, and how do you install them? Ive seens ormsby do the magnet idea too and would like to try it
Impossible is Nothing
Quote by solomon684
Regarding the magnetic battery cover, what type of magnets did you use, and how do you install them? Ive seens ormsby do the magnet idea too and would like to try it

The magnet is from a cupboard door, like the ones you have in the kitchen its placed between the two battery holders
Quote by Gigantastico
The magnet is from a cupboard door, like the ones you have in the kitchen its placed between the two battery holders

How did you attach them?

And i dont have magnets anywhere in my kitchen....
Impossible is Nothing
Quote by solomon684
How did you attach them?

And i dont have magnets anywhere in my kitchen....

I welded it to something i could put screws trough. It was one of those:
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
No offense, but you're starting to sound like a dumb-ass fanboy!

I didn't bust his balls about it. I made a critical comment about something that could have been done better. In case you hadn't noticed, it was not a hatchet-job and TS identified why things went a little off.

Does this kind of discussion trouble you somehow? Too bad. Just say what you have to say about the guitar to the TS and shut the fuck up about discussions he and I are having.

wow no need to blow a gasket! I was having a joke mate.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Hell yea man that is really awesome if u had a business that made guitars like this i would definitely buy one or maybe even two even if the price was outrageous. good job i hope some time in the future i see Gigantastico guitars down at guitar world. good job man and keep jamming and makin awesome guitars.
Page 1 of 2