over the years, i've come up with a theory: if you see an ant or two or three snooping around in some place that surely contains no food for them (e.x. bathroom), it is best not to kill them lest you want a larger search and rescue team to come looking for them in the next couple of days. my bathroom used to occasionally be invaded by sizable legions of ants, and this was when i used to be cruel and pick off any that were within reach. now i try to leave the "scout" ants alone and i haven't had a bad incident in a while. coincidence? am i on to something?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Ants are clever bastards. Just leave them alone and all will be good.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Ants send out rescue teams?

Get stranded somewhere and find out.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

They haven't returned to the bathroom because they are busy EATING OUT YOUR WIFE AND KIDS' EYES.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
I used to spend hours of my time with buckets of water, hoses and water pistols killing thousands of them.

They aren't clever. They would have invented boats if they were.
Quote by Greenie_777
I used to spend hours of my time with buckets of water, hoses and water pistols killing thousands of them.

Or learnt to swim

Spiders aren't clever either.

Now earwigs...........they're smart
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Here_is_no_why
They haven't returned to the bathroom because they are busy EATING OUT YOUR WIFE AND KIDS' EYES.

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Greenie_777

some ant species in rain forests have learned to build rafts out of the bodies of their workers (they each chomp into each other's ass).

Quote by Greenie_777

The bitches did.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
If ants and dolphins joined forces, they could destroy the human race...
Quote by Moggan13
If ants and dolphins joined forces, they could destroy the human race...

nah, if they ever became intelligent enough to do so we'd simply have to introduce them to the internet.

problem solved.
the best solution to killing ants it fill a pot up with water and put sugar in there and around it to attract the and and make a ramp into the sugary water and watch them fall to their deaths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 mwuhahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by Greenie_777

Water, water what has thou done? Bless you ants. Blants.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
They haven't returned to the bathroom because they are busy EATING OUT YOUR WIFE AND KIDS

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
So I'm bringing this thread back because I recently climbed a tree that had ants on it..

I was basically climbing around the ants and avoiding them when I ripped off a peace of bark that was loosely attached to the guava tree. It was pretty crazy, It looked like an
ANT CEMETERY! A bunch of dead ants just laying there in one spot.

Pretty awesome how ants bury their dead. Such fascinating creatures they are!
When I find ants in the bathroom I usually throw them in the toilet then piss on them while they struggle to survive. Teach the rest of those motha fuckas a lesson
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Here_is_no_why

At first I read this as "eating out your wife". The image of an ant doing that was quite amusing!
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
When there used to be a loooong line of ants on my street, I'd just put my foot on the start and run while dragging it all over the line, T'was fun.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
lol

i'm sure that they would not send out search parties...why would they decrease productivity of their colony for a few worker ants...if they are clever enough they would already know replacing them would be easier.

besides because they're so small their environment would be ever changing they'd have difficulty knowing where to look.

edit: a couple of mates and i put an apple core on the ground and watched the scouts come get it and then the rest of them come...we then flicked them off and put the apple somewhere else.

it was like hide and seek...they're very good.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Last edited by Teh Traineez0rz at Aug 21, 2010,
mix together borax (its a type of dry laundry detergent) and sugar. then spread it around where youre seeing ants. they'll they'll find the sugar in it, and start taking all of it back to the colony, the borax included. then once they bring back the borax, it will kill off the colony as they all eat it. true fact.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
that's pretty horrible...

like you're just eradicating the whole bunch, and aren't even there to get your shits and giggles.

i usually have good tolerance on cruelty to ants and i can't believe i'm disgusted.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
over the years, i've come up with a theory: if you see an ant or two or three snooping around in some place that surely contains no food for them (e.x. bathroom), it is best not to kill them lest you want a larger search and rescue team to come looking for them in the next couple of days. my bathroom used to occasionally be invaded by sizable legions of ants, and this was when i used to be cruel and pick off any that were within reach. now i try to leave the "scout" ants alone and i haven't had a bad incident in a while. coincidence? am i on to something?

Ants are often attracted to moisture because mold grows in moist conditions which the ants often forage for, which would explain why they are in your bathroom. Ants rely on a scent trail left by their scouts to guide the colony to food sources in your home. To stop them coming into your home, follow the trail (by following the ants) away from your home until you are some distance from your house, then spray the trail with vinegar, which removes the scent. Without a trail to your house, the ants will stay out until another ant accidently discovers a way in.
Quote by Here_is_no_why

anyone else read the first line and not notice the "AND KIDS' EYES" bit? haha

but yeh, ants a clever lil shiits, i normally just leave them anyway
I read an article recently about parasites that can actually release chemicals into ants brains to control their movements, essentially possessing them, they even move the ants to spots where the parasite can develop better before killing them and moving on to other ants. That sounds far more clever than what the ants are doing.
Quote by aaciseric
I read an article recently about parasites that can actually release chemicals into ants brains to control their movements, essentially possessing them, they even move the ants to spots where the parasite can develop better before killing them and moving on to other ants. That sounds far more clever than what the ants are doing.

there was a forum on the zombie/ants...
I once watched a documentary on animal planet, they were studying the behavior of army ants who invade smaller and weaker ants' colonies, steal hundreds of eggs and bring them back to their own colony. After that they take care of the eggs until they pop and weak ants come out of them, find themselves in a 'strong and big ants' world and automatically conclude that they were brought to this world to serve them and be slaves for the rest of their lives..
Wierdest thing about ants is, this one guy did an expirement, in which he filled a small tub with water, then put a small plate to float on the water with alittle honey on it. He left to go somewhere for about an hour, and came back, and BOOM! He saw some ants climbing up onto the roof, and dropping themelves into the plate, and others were using leaves to make a bridge to the plate, so that ants could travel to and from the plate.

Evil little bastards. They are smart cause they work together. Imagine what humans could have if we all worked together.
I think humans will have to become more ant-like due to their higher population density. Individualism no longer benefits us in our tightly-packed urban centers.

Like if you get cancer, they eat into your ass and turn you into a raft..
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Greenie_777

You've obviously never seen one of these then have you? That, my friend, is an ant boat...

Quote by Insanity^2
(Invalid img)

The bitches did.

Really??? Even the same picture?????
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Aug 21, 2010,
Quote by TomusAM

Evil little bastards. They are smart cause they work together. Imagine what humans could have if we all worked together.

"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I have a newfound love of ants after seeing the picture of that fungus thing growing out of ones head. I wonder if they'll accept me into their society...