Ok so i have a Line 6 spider 3 150 watt combo.

The distortion on it is awesome, but its just a bit boring, and i can never get a nice enough tone.

Whenever i go into my local guitar shop, mansons, and try out any amp, they have nice tone but not enough distortion for me. EG if i play a metalcore or tech death style riff it sounds like im playing it on a clean channel!!! (slight exaggeration obviously)

I asked afew people before and they said marshall JCM 200 (?(i cant remember the number)) and they said it has loads of gain and that it will sound awsome, but it sounded ****ing shit!!

Sooo anyway what amps would you guys recommend to get a nice tone but a lot of distortion?

Btw i have a BC Rich Warlock signiture series(kkw) with active EMG's being installed next month.
i dunno weather i cant get a gd tone cause of the pick-ups i have at the moment? theyre just the standard BC Rich ones.

oh and preferably i dont want to use a distortion pedal.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!! PLS HELP!!
Budget?
New or Used?
Location?
Gigging?

Getting EMGs will only make the Spider 3 much, much worse. I'd recommend ditching the spider, and getting a new amp for the pickups. There is really no point at all for a pickup change if you are playing through a Spider.
Quote by thrasher.
Budget?
New or Used?
Location?
Gigging?

Getting EMGs will only make the Spider 3 much, much worse. I'd recommend ditching the spider, and getting a new amp for the pickups. There is really no point at all for a pickup change if you are playing through a Spider.

+1 to all
Quote by MetalGuitarest
and emgs don't makke a spider sound worse

ah yes they do.

And +1 to thrasher.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
ok thanks guys,

i dont have budget or anything, im just enquiring bout it. eventualy when i get a job and stuff im gonna start looking around. (im only 15)
Im not bothered about the price as long as it sounds awesome.
thx agen