ATM, Im wondering about the Quality of guitars (Ibanez's in this case) made in Various places. Ive heard that Guitars Made in Mexico generally aren't good, neither in Indonesia. How are Korean Guitars? I've heard for Ibanez's, if its made in Japan, its best. Any truth to these?
USA and Japan make the best guitars
Mexico and Korea are average
China and Indonesia are below average

^ USUALLY

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
My Yamaha is Indonesian and it's great.

Also, most Canadian guitars are fantastic. Obviously you get what you pay for, but, we make some fine boxes up here.
Usually Japan and Korea are best of the Asian places but it does depend on the factory to an extent. Almost all guitars that are not custom shop need a pro setup to make them as good as they can be. That's not possible in mass production. In Europe there is a trend to buy in Asian components and do the assembly and finishing here. The best of them pretty much rival American made.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Life Is Brutal
I've heard for Ibanez's, if its made in Japan, its best. Any truth to these?

yeah, that's about right.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TimboSlice
My Yamaha is Indonesian and it's great.

Also, most Canadian guitars are fantastic. Obviously you get what you pay for, but, we make some fine boxes up here.

ya canadian made acoustics are awesome
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Doesn't matter where a guitar is made, you could play a great Squier standard and a horrible Fender CS strat.
Place of origin doesn't matter-

what matters is the price of the instrument you're paying for. Some locations have a bad stigma attached to them because companies locate the construction of their cheaper models there... i.e. Korea.

You pay for the workmanship and quality of materials, not the original country in which it was made.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
In terms of epiphone they used to make them in Korea, then moved to China and the quality is definitely better in the Koreans.

Fender-wise I have found mexicans good, but the quality is unpredictable (some sound a lot better than others). Though i have not played one the Japanese are supposed to be as well made as the US.
Korea is equal with Japan...if you're paying the same price. The thing is, usually companies only build their cheaper stuff in Korea. It's a shame, because some of the domestic stuff that I played in my time over there blew most Japanese stuff out the water. Was incredible.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
It more goes by price than anything else. A £2000 Japanese-made guitar is no better or worse than a £2000 American-made guitar. A £130 Chinese-made Epi Special II isn't shit because it was made in China, it's shit because it's a £130 Epi Special II.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.