Page 1 of 2
Now I know I'm not the only person who just shakes their head whenever they see Lil Wayne try to play guitar but I've seen some clips that just made me want to shoot myself.

Video 1

Video 2

And the thing that I hate is that everyone tries tot hype him up like he can really play guitar. I know I'm not the greatest guitar player but I've been playing only a year and I'm better than him. All outta tune and ish. smh Sorry rant over. /rant
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
Does this really affect you? Honestly? I'm tired of people here ragging on artists you don't like with the argument that they have no talent. It gets kinda tedious.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
At least he's trying to learn how to play. At least respect that.
I'm pretty sure everyone was that bad at some point.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I can imagine him playing for Metallica or something

No but seriosly, give the guy a break, he's learning
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Does this really affect you? Honestly? I'm tired of people here ragging on artists you don't like with the argument that they have no talent. It gets kinda tedious.

This.

Who cares, it'll probabl make more people want to pick up the guitar, which is surely a good thing, unless you're an elitist who thinks only the select few should play.
Quote by falconthefirst
I can imagine him playing for Metallica or something

No but seriosly, give the guy a break, he's learning

yah, but learn the damn instrument in the privacy of ur studio. not on stage for fans who didnt pay to watch you "learn"
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by Simsimius
At least he's trying to learn how to play. At least respect that.
I'm pretty sure everyone was that bad at some point.

I see it as more of a publicity act than actually trying to learn.

But I don't really care. I hadn't even heard of Lil' Wayne until my sister started talking about him constantly. He's a mediocre rapper with sub par guitar playing abilities. Who cares?

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by bulldozerbob
This.

Who cares, it'll probabl make more people want to pick up the guitar, which is surely a good thing, unless you're an elitist who thinks only the select few should play.

lol i'm not an elitist at all only been playing a whole year. but someone said he's been playing for 2 years or 3 years now. and i think he should be better than that. yeah he's probably making others play guitar but the way he plays it makes me squirm, idk. i just think he should stick to rapping that's all.
talk to me
do me baby
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

Tumblr
Quote by Fearless(Times)
. i just think he should stick to rapping that's all.

Why? Does it affect you?
Quote by Bair
yah, but learn the damn instrument in the privacy of ur studio. not on stage for fans who didnt pay to watch you "learn"

exactly and be people at the concerts cheer him on. smh
talk to me
do me baby
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

Tumblr
Quote by simmy17
He's right to compare them. They're both overrated!

+1000000

But prepare for negative feedback .

I P R O G

Quote by JohnnyGenzale

i do like wayne as a rapper but as a guitar player no. and even then he's not even a great rapper really.
talk to me
do me baby
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

Tumblr
Quote by Fearless(Times)
lol i'm not an elitist at all only been playing a whole year. but someone said he's been playing for 2 years or 3 years now. and i think he should be better than that. yeah he's probably making others play guitar but the way he plays it makes me squirm, idk. i just think he should stick to rapping that's all.

He wants to widen his musical repertoire, which is probably more than can be said for many guitarists. He should whatever he damn well wants
Lil' Wayne's Guitar playing is already a known UG joke. He sucks balls, especially in My Leather So Soft.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
He wants to widen his musical repertoire, which is probably more than can be said for many guitarists. He should whatever he damn well wants

I would agree with you, were it not for the fact that he sucks even worse than me after my first lesson, yet still insists on recording his stuff and playing it live.
Last edited by jimmyled at Oct 20, 2009,
Quote by Fearless(Times)
i do like wayne as a rapper but as a guitar player no. and even then he's not even a great rapper really.

My question still stands. Does this affect you in any way? Why does it bother you? Seems like plain and simple jealousy.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
+1000000

But prepare for negative feedback .

Thanks, but I was only joking. I really couldn't care less if people think Hendrix is a guitar god, or if Lil Wayne is the greatest thing to happen to hip hop. I'll just listen to what I like and have a good time.
Why the hell does anybody give a shit?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
My question still stands. Does this affect you in any way? Why does it bother you? Seems like plain and simple jealousy.

I love the "high and mighty" attitudes everyone assumes whenever a negative comment is made towards rap or rappers.

I P R O G

Quote by Deliriumbassist

i guess you're right but i think he should just wait till he gets much better lol before playing infront of all his fans
talk to me
do me baby
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

Tumblr
Quote by MetalGS3SE

I love the "high and mighty" attitudes everyone assumes whenever a negative comment is made towards rap or rappers.

Well these threads gets kinda repetitive in The Pit about people having an opinion on what other artists should do and can't do.
I'm more interested in the fact that I've seen him playing an Emily the Strange Epiphone.
No one else thinks thats weird?
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
I don't see what the big deal is.

He likes music enough to pick up guitar. Does anyone actually care that he is learning to play?
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Well these threads gets kinda repetitive in The Pit about people having an opinion on what other artists should do and can't do.

Granted, but just as repetitive is the guaranteed response by someone. No one can mention that they don't like rap without someone coming in and complaining about open mindedness and apathy.

I P R O G

omg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJrGn-U0650

we listen to lil wayne over here in college as a joke. his lyrics are so retarded they're funny.

but i've said it before, if he wants to branch out, then let him, i'll give him credit for trying.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I think it's awesome, Lil Wayne's crazy so it makes sense that he has some wacked out way of playing guitar and making music to go along with it.
Quote by grimms
Look Ima let you finish, but Limp Bizkits guitar playing sucked harder.

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

no it doesn't affect it. but it bothers me a little sure why not. i'm gonna lie. but jealously lol hell no. i'm a 19 year old female why should i be jealous of predator for? i don't want his looks, his women, his fame, or his money. i don't wanna be addicted to syrup. don't get me wrong he has some good stuff but it's like if he rapped about giving girls swine flu everyone would say how good taht line was.
talk to me
do me baby
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

Tumblr
Page 1 of 2