Hi guys!
You know like I always say my local stores suck so im buying the gear from USA.
so i think one of my dad's friends is going there next month.
Im planning to buy these

1 distortion/overdrive pedal: either Digitech's Screamin Blues or Bad Monkey or may be ima go with some of the Modetone or delta lab ore something else (budget ~ 50 bux)
2 pick up for my strat's bridge position: most possibly the GFS lil killer single sized humbucker (i want some metal tone on my strat until i get a metal axe) these cost 30 bux
3 Some cleaning pack or just a lemon oil
4 Strings for around 5 bux
I am using now the GHS David Gilmour Signature andi have to say they are awesome but i want thinner strings for faster licks!
5 may be other cool accessories for cheap. may be a mic pick holder or something

please give me your opinion
open for new suggestions

Im playing Blues/Hard Rock to Metal and metalcore. my style is rather Satriani-ish and A7xish if playing metal. i want sharp but really heavy tone on my strat and good harmonics on the low note pinches
I have a Digitech RP 250 and morley wah
wanna use the overdrive dist pedal in front of it as a booster or as a overdrive/dist pedal

and please dont ask me about an amp. im changing it all the time (well not buying it just taking em from other musicians) and im now with a little Practice amp
but if you still need an amp name. ima say that i want to buy a tube amp (valveking or something) when i get to usa and get the money

thanx in advance brothers!
Quote by vigenharutyunya
Hi guys!
You know like I always say my local stores suck so im buying the gear from USA.
so i think one of my dad's friends is going there next month.
Im planning to buy these

1 distortion/overdrive pedal: either Digitech's Screamin Blues or Bad Monkey or may be ima go with some of the Modetone or delta lab ore something else (budget ~ 50 bux)
2 pick up for my strat's bridge position: most possibly the GFS lil killer single sized humbucker (i want some metal tone on my strat until i get a metal axe) these cost 30 bux
3 Some cleaning pack or just a lemon oil
4 Strings for around 5 bux
I am using now the GHS David Gilmour Signature andi have to say they are awesome but i want thinner strings for faster licks!
5 may be other cool accessories for cheap. may be a mic pick holder or something

please give me your opinion
open for new suggestions

Im playing Blues/Hard Rock to Metal and metalcore. my style is rather Satriani-ish and A7xish if playing metal. i want sharp but really heavy tone on my strat and good harmonics on the low note pinches
I have a Digitech RP 250 and morley wah
wanna use the overdrive dist pedal in front of it as a booster or as a overdrive/dist pedal

and please dont ask me about an amp. im changing it all the time (well not buying it just taking em from other musicians) and im now with a little Practice amp
but if you still need an amp name. ima say that i want to buy a tube amp (valveking or something) when i get to usa and get the money

thanx in advance brothers!

132 views and 0 answers so I'll pit in. The screamin blues isn't that great, but the Bad Monkey is pretty good especially for the money. I prefer it over the boss OD's but if you can afford it I would go with a Maxon OD808.

If you can afford it look into bareknuckle pickups for your strat. They make killer pickups for metal, including single coils that get the job done.

3. Dunlop regular cleaner/oil is fine.

4. Don't know if they are 5 bucks, but I love my GHS Boomers. Other brands a lot of people like are Ernie Ball and D'addario.
WTLTL 2011
Hey man thanx ^^ hmm i think i'll go with the bad monkey..
too bad i cant find a sound clip or something...

hmm that maxon looks promising but i aint sure if i can get 150 no i'd say im quite sure i cant!
eh if i had that much i'd rather go with the satchurator or Metal Muff anywayx...

damn man i searched the bareknuckle pups in GC but havent found em

3 yes that's what i was thinking about
4 hmm ok either Boomers Ernie Balls... are the boomers smooth for sliding? i mean the wound strings (lowest three)

any other suggesion guys?
Quote by vigenharutyunya
damn man i searched the bareknuckle pups in GC but havent found em

www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk

They are the last word in high gain PAF style humbuckers.

'fore al comes in and make the suggestion...

also consider

Wolfetone Custom Guitar Pickups - www.wolfetone.com

and

WCR - www.wcrguitar.com
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Keep in mind if you're gonna go with handwound pickups like bareknuckle, it's definitely not gonna be 30 bucks, but it'll be worth the money. The bad monkey is good for boosting tube amps but not too good as a standalone OD IMO. However, if you say you're gonna get a tube amp soon, i'd go for it.
As for strings, I like La Bella ones, but most people like Ernie Ball/D'Addario, either way, they'll probably run you 10 bucks per pack or so.
And as for accessories, get lots of picks, they're overpriced everywhere outside the US, hell, here in Argentina they make you pay 2 pesos a piece.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

yeah and here picks cost a dollar per one
damn!
but ive got loads of picks i dont loose em.. haha

hmm that doesnt sound good for me i think
Im not getting a tube amp any sooner than a year or so
hmm may be suggest any other pedal in my price range ?? a distortion or an overdrive!
hmm may be i may go with a Screaming Blues or other brands?? please help!
Quote by al112987
you know I can't help singing my praises for my Wolfetones lol

Haha... one's gotta know their friends ain' t it?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.