hey, i play pretty much all rock/metal

BFMV
Slipknot
All that remains
As i lay dying
Rise against
Ozzy

... just everything with some gain

I have a pretty much sure deal with a guy that he'll buy my washburn for $1500, so i have that plus whats left in my bank acount (a few hundred bucks)

I LOVE THAT GUITAR, but its really big on me, i looks to agressive, and i kinda feel like a poser with it..

Also my band says it has to go lol... we're kinda of like rise against/our lady peace

i tried a LOT OF GUITARS! Considerations are

*jackson usa ( have to get it used )

-soloists and kelly's

*ESP eclipse (new or used)

*GODIN redline (they're made near where i live so they're like $800!)

*all MUSICMANS

Nothing with to big of necks...

Comment and suggest
Washburn / Boogiestreet guitars boogiebolt 2 w/ blackouts
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
squier bullet w/ebony board
ibanez weeping demon
Go for a Jackson USA Select Series DK1... for 1500 you can get one new.

But one question I have is why would your band have a say in what guitar you have? They don't need to play it- you do- its YOUR guitar, not theirs!

Buy a new guitar because you want one, not because some band is telling you to ditch your current axe.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
i use a fender jim root telecaster, its one of the best guitars ive played. looks nice, not too flashy, and plays great from rock to hardcore
Ibanez, something from RG series or perhaps the JEM series. That's where I'd put my money.

I can't really advise any of the guitars on the list, as I've never seen them / heard them in person. And making an opinion on somebody else's opinion - and then recommending - is pretty stupid IMHO.
Marshall MG15DFX
Line 6 Spider III
Squier Strat Standard
Ibanez RG350EX
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah
I don't think you would go far wrong with a Music Man. If you have the money then look into the JP sig, meant to have a very manageable neck profile and isn't a very big guitar overall
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I voted for Godin simply because I love my Godin. Granted I've never played a USA soloist but the MIJ Soloists I played weren't nearly as nice as my godin which is about a third of the price.

Might I also suggest Carvin. You can easily grab a loaded custom shop Carvin for $1500 Canadian.
Quote by Shabadoo
I voted for Godin simply because I love my Godin. Granted I've never played a USA soloist but the MIJ Soloists I played weren't nearly as nice as my godin which is about a third of the price.

Might I also suggest Carvin. You can easily grab a loaded custom shop Carvin for $1500 Canadian.

The difference between an SL3 and SL 1 is night and day... the SL3 lacks many of the luxury features that the SL1 has, and the neck feels radically different.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
you guys are actually amazing

so many different opinions tho lol!

thanks to the guy who mentioned the ibanez, i found a jem7 for $1600 used.
ive played the jem and thought it was nice, maybe better with a pup change?

i kind of agree with my band on the spiky look on my washburn, its basically a DIME.. same shape and all. and its huge on me
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by Richmanofaction
The difference between an SL3 and SL 1 is night and day... the SL3 lacks many of the luxury features that the SL1 has, and the neck feels radically different.

I can believe it, like I said though, the money you pay for a Godin is ridiculously low for what you get. My guitar plays like a dream and holds tune quite well considering my crappy string jobs. Though, it really is all up to opinion.
Quote by Shabadoo
I can believe it, like I said though, the money you pay for a Godin is ridiculously low for what you get. My guitar plays like a dream and holds tune quite well considering my crappy string jobs. Though, it really is all up to opinion.

I love the redlined unpainted necks, are eclipses like this or more like a lp stickyness?
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
EC's come with painted necks and have a vintage style neck.

Jackson USA DK1 and RR1T are your best bet.
Quote by allskillage
I love the redlined unpainted necks, are eclipses like this or more like a lp stickyness?

I can't say for Eclipses but the EC-1000s I have played did have painted neck though I did not find them sticky in the least, they played pretty smooth. Some people also claim that the painted necks become rather smooth and fast after a few months wear as well.
I'm actually planning on blocking the bridge if the guitar I pick has a trem... Does that change anyones mind?
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by Petar
Ibanez, something from RG series or perhaps the JEM series. That's where I'd put my money.

not a JEM it doesn't do heavy metal really, for leads it is epic but for slipknot?? it has to be some sort of ESP, they are so good for metal and they can be affordable. not too sure how much they are where you are but the deluxe Ltd EC series are just as good as the USA ESP's IMO.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Dude if you're going to be playing slipknot and stuff, a trem isn't going to be much use. In fact it is going to be a major pain in the ass, so just a warning don't get anything with a trem.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by falconthefirst
Dude if you're going to be playing slipknot and stuff, a trem isn't going to be much use. In fact it is going to be a major pain in the ass, so just a warning don't get anything with a trem.

If I block it I get a dive only whammy...

And I'm used to resting my hand on a floyd so it feels more natural.

plus a lot of guitars only come with a floyd and it isn't even cheaper to get the hardtail alternative... By much
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by allskillage

The vintage finishes are flat so they're smoother and the gloss finishes have glossy necks.

Quote by allskillage
I'm actually planning on blocking the bridge if the guitar I pick has a trem... Does that change anyones mind?

I say get an Ibanez RG with an Edge Zero or an S with a Edge ZR2. Those feel like fixed bridges in how they respond. They don't move unless you touch the bar. So your bending and double stops will work perfectly. Changing tunings is extremely easy with them and you'll never need a screwdriver. You can also go up and down on them and they have perfect stability. The bridge always goes back to the exact same point.