Poll: Music or Lyrics?
Poll Options
View poll results: Music or Lyrics?
Music
26 84%
Lyrics
5 16%
Voters: 31.
What I mean by that is, which do you usually write first.

For me, the music usually comes first, because I find it easier to write lyrics to the music I write.
O K C

I like guns.
Whatever comes first... I got lyrics, I got music - half of it doesnt go together.. the other half needs to be adapted to go with the other, and all of it depends on how creative my mind wants to be that day.
Yeah we need an "either" option. I'm not a big writer, but I've written songs both ways.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Well I write the music as I write the lyrics.. I imagine and write down the melody and the things that surround it just add themselves.
paramore Bellz
Always music first, I've never been great at lyrics
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
sometimes I will get the notes down for the lyrics so I will hum then later get words to go with it. It has to fit though.. I wont hum something for a phygrain feeling song and say "all the pretty ponies trot around like this, all the pretty ponies trot around like this"... although that might make a cool song kind of like "BEER IS GOOD BEER IS GOOD"
Quote by pigeonmafia

I'm sorta the opposite, although I also write music first. However, I do it because I'm better at writing lyrics than music. The first songs I wrote really sucked because I wrote the lyrics first, and then added music, but I'm getting a lot better focusing on the music.
Both come to me at once in a sort of vague way.
Call me Batman.
Quote by darkwolf291
It's a combo of both for me

same..
I'll be saing something in my head, I'll lay a few chords, sing it, change it, change the rhythm, experiment with timing/phrasing, start all over again, think it's shit, throw it out..

that's about what I do..
Quote by pigeonmafia

Same
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
With me it's lyrics. I don't know why but when I feel like there is something to be written down, it has to be done at that moment while I'm thinking of it. Coming up with the chords and having the type of structure I want to go along with it gets hard for me sometimes.

Mostly because I'm the type that likes to be satisfied with what's done, but other than that; I have written 10 pages of lyrics (all different) and I don't feel weird reading them the next day, or the next week which used to happen to me.
For me is music.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
I've always wanted to write lyrics but don't know how. So I just write riffs and improvise on solos, but never remember em.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.