Hey.
A guy I know says he'll trade me his fender korean strat straight up for my mim tele. Is this a good deal? I don't much about these guitars. Here are some pic's. oh yeah, my tele is in mint condition.

Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
It all depends on how they play and how they sound.

On paper, that's an alright deal, and that's a nice looking strat. Seymour Duncans?

If you're ready to take the dive into Strats, giving up a MiM tele is a pretty painless way to do it.

I've heard mixed reviews on the build quality and set-up of these Korean strats, but overall, the impression I get is that if it plays good, it IS good.

I tried one at GC (or SamAsh, don't remember) and was definitely NOT impressed, but you never know, could've just been banged around on the sales floor for a while.
Am I the only one who thinks the headstock looks suspicious? But, I've only seen MIM and MIA, not MIK.
Quote by Mutmoo
Am I the only one who thinks the headstock looks suspicious? But, I've only seen MIM and MIA, not MIK.

actually thats what I was thinking too. thats why I figured I should post here before making a dunma$$ move. Just for the record, I haven't seen or tried the guitar yet. I'm metting up with him tomorrow so we both can see the guitars.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Don't fender's usually have the serial number and the model name on the headstock? Looks very suspect to me dude. I wouldn't do it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey