Hey, well I own a laney aor and have not had it serviced since I bought it off ebay last year.

I get unwanted noise from it mainly on the distortion channel and the noise level varies depending what pickup I use.

Could this be a bad tube? Would it be a good idea to change all the tubes? If so, what tubes would I be looking at and how much?

Thanks, I appriciate the help. Luke.
I owned a AOR. they have lots of problems. Bring it to a tech. have them look it over. it could be something simple like a preamp tube and it could be bad caps cause of how old it is.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
about 60 bucks depending on who you go to. an then if there is something wrong. they'll have to fix it and they get like 60 bucks an hour so we'll lean to the bad side and say about a hundred and 60 bucks
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
yeah I know it took me like 2 months before I could fix mine.Mine had so many problems. It blew fuses and a bad tube socket and and the cap's were horrid they were so noisey
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
i'd rather spend the money on repair than on a noise gate

EDIT:
Quote by Bostonrocks
yeah I know it took me like 2 months before I could fix mine.Mine had so many problems. It blew fuses and a bad tube socket and and the cap's were horrid they were so noisey

ahhh man. You still go it? What was it like when it was fixed? Worth it?
I don't, I traded it about a year ago. long story.

but getting it fixed is definitely worth it.put a tung-sol 12ax7 in V1 and JJ power tubes and the rest of the preamp JJ's. you'll love it, it just snarl's think JCM800 on roids
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I was looking for something different, I've been through 5 amps in the last year I'm working towards a splawn or real JCM800

Fender Princeton Chorus>Laney AOR>Fender BJr NOS>Vox AC15>Marshall JCM9004102
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
yeah the JCM900 is a great amp. Not amazing. but still great.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era