14 40%
modern stuff off the radio
7 20%
songs from disney films
2 6%
other (please comment)
12 34%
Voters: 35.
What would have you stop and listen to a busker or make u want to put some money in his hat, old classic songs, modern stuff off the radio, or feel good disney soundtrack songs?
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Last edited by bananahammock at Oct 20, 2009,
play stuff that everyone knows, it will attract more attention, green day- good riddance,
oasis- wonderwall

stuff like that
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by bellamy_morello
play stuff that everyone knows, it will attract more attention, green day- good riddance,
oasis- wonderwall

stuff like that

then you shouldve voted modern.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Good interesting music will make me either donate or stop and listen, the "classics" arnt gonna do it for me at all, epsecially not good riddance or wonderwall as someone mentioned above but thats just me, if its good orignal material then id say thats hte best a lot of emphasis on the GOOD! hehe
If you can sing and play I would suggest some folk music like Bob Dylan if you're into it.
Or an original tune, or anything you just feel like bustin out.
i think it would be cool to see a busker playing some funk, red hot chili peppers at a push
Due to the fact most guitar orientated buskers play popular, well known songs, I would stop to listen to one who showed a great deal of technical ability: playing shred songs, or faster classical pieces arranged for guitar
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
depends on where you're busking, but i don't think your poll really hits it. the point isn't old or new music - it's music that will make people stop to listen to more. my limited experience is that people stop for music they know. that means all new music won't stop the middle aged or older crowd, but some classic music will get everyone's attention when done well.

it's just like any entertainment - have a good repertoire and play what works for the individual audience, which isn't the same everywhere you go. an upscale university audience won't respond to the same music as a group of married grocery shoppers, and a group of business people on their way home from work won't respond to the same music as happy drinkers on a pier. the happy drinkers at the pier, btw, usually love classic rock if it's rockin' enough for them to relate to.
Last edited by patticake at Oct 20, 2009,
for the record i beleive anyone playing wonderwall on the streets is a nobody. and probably isnt a good busker because they havent done there homework, it used to be a great busking song, now its the most overplayed busking song of all time,
Most of the time I mix up a few classical songs I know with original stuff I've written. But as said and then quoted, it depends on where you are.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Fingerstyle arrangements of old classics have got me the most tips. People really seem to enjoy Mr.Sandman .
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Last edited by highwaysalmon at Oct 21, 2009,