Just wanted to show off my new guitar... Its an Epi Les Paul Classic with a black trans finish and chrome hardware. It plays great and the action is nice and low and heavenly. It sounds good too...

I found a great deal on it through my friends music shop. HE also had a Gibson Les Paul Studio for sale, but dollar for dollar this Epi was a much better deal. And in all honesty, I feel this Epi played better and felt better in my hands then the Gibson. So..

But heres the pics...

Looks great! I have an Epi Les Paul Standard and it's awesome. The only thing I'd change on yours would be the knobs, but I don't know what I'd use in place of them :-/
Wow, that thing is really nice looking. Happy new guitar day. I wish I had a les paul.
Hawt

HNGD! Enjoy it!

Quote by blasphemy101
Looks great! I have an Epi Les Paul Standard and it's awesome. The only thing I'd change on yours would be the knobs, but I don't know what I'd use in place of them :-/

I know what you mean. The gold top hat knobs are fine on a black painted guitar, but they don't quite look right on the trans top. However, speed knobs would look way out of place. Maybe black solid colored top hat knobs?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Oct 20, 2009,
Wow, very nice, you don't see that kind of finish much. HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Oh god damn, I've been wanting a black burst LP for years. I never knew Epi made some.

Good catch.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
That's a pretty nice finish, the trans black. How much did it cost from your friend's shop?

and also were you thinking of changing the pickups?
This guitar is actually a couple of years old. I remember them making the trans black burst a few years back, but from everything I have seen now they have been discontinued. At least in the Classic model anyway.

But the pickups are stock from what I can tell. I havent pulled them out or anything, but they sound about like normal Epi buckers, so Im assuming they are. I actually quite like the sound of them though. I played it through a Crate V8 Palomino and it sounded really sweet, but on the Cube 15X I tried it through as well it wasnt real pretty, so Idk... But as for right now Im going to leave the stock pickups in it.

Yeah, Im a little put off by those amber knobs as well. They just look slightly out of place. But I do agree that speed knobs would look hideous on it. I may look for some trans black bell knobs like these and see how that looks on it, but thats not a huge bother on me right now.

As for the price, I picked this up for $250. From what I've seen and remember, these ran about $550-$600 new a couple years ago, so if they still sold new today Im guessing they would probably be somewhere around $700, and this guitar really is like new, so I think I got a good deal. lol
250$? Damn, dude.

Local music shops rule for low prices. you got real lucky :P

as for those pickups, id leave em on for a while and see if the buzzing comes in.

i love new guitar day. they should make it a calandar holiday. (it would be a good excuse to get more guitars!)
I am definatly seconding a calender new guitar day! Imagine the sales!!!!!

Throw some strat knobs on there! It would be amazing :P:

HNGD!
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
good catch man $250 is a great price, a pawn shop near where i live has he same guitar for $500, HNGD
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
That's very good looking. Wicked price, also. HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Love the guitar hope you play it proud not a huge fan of the knobs though grab some chrome or gold ones and lob them on their.
Gear:
Guitars:
1. Epiphone Custom Shop Explorer Apparition
2. BC Rich Iron Bird 2003 LTD Spaceface
3. Gould KK Series LTD Reaper 600
4. BC Rich Warbeast WMD
5. Cort X6 Custom
6. Dradnaught Acoustic
That thing looks awesome, HNGD. I would seriously think about getting a decent Epi LP sometime myself but personally I can't stand Epi LP headstocks, they're one of my most hated parts of any guitar ever. Don't get me wrong though great guitar man, congratz.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
HNGD! beautiful guitar!congrats!
“Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.”
Damn, it looks awesome!

HNGD!
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz