im thinking learning eruption how difficult is it really. i have no effect btw. but tone port and my fender strAT
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at Oct 20, 2009,
not as complicated as people think, but it's a lot to remember for beginners.

go for it and do yourself a favor and don't give up if your stuck.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
its not that bad at all assuming you have the technique down. Steady tremolo picking, single string alternate picking and tapping. THen its not bad. but if you cant do those techniques cleanly you need to get your chops up more before you attempt it.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Well i jsut started geting into solos and i can learn them pretty easy. but there easy solos to begin with. Weezer, metallica - one, stuff like that. NOW I, gonna learn some acdc and rush and stuff. I never learned solos but now i see if i put time in to it i can do it. its like beeting a video game. Just so many techniques to do. I wanna learn them all.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
most of eruption is pretty basic. its all in an A min pentatonic scale. you could make up stuff over it yourself if you want. the hardest part for me was the high part starting at 0:20, so get a program like audacity to slow it down so you can pick apart the different notes. as long as you are brushed up on your tremolo picking, tapping, and alternate picking skills, you should be fine
This song is fukin hard. Im not the best guitarist but can only play the tapped part. That bits really easy for me. But dont give up! Supposedly Ron Thal's (G n R) first song he learnt was Eruption backwards!!!??! Crazy....
Quote by silly6-string
im thinking learning eruption how difficult is it really. i have no effect btw. but tone port and my fender strAT

This has no effect, you can still learn it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It's fast and that makes it difficult to play at full speed, but if you slow it down and break it into bite sized pieces it's honestly not as impossible as it seems. Memorizing it is harder than actually doing it, if that makes any sense. I still can't play it perfectly at full speed but I haven't exerted tons of effort either. It's always been one of my favorite pieces, I should work on it more.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack