@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
Sure you're not looking to show off?

no i'm not.I've actually dealt with things on other sites like people cutting me down because "you play too fast".And even going as far to say as"it sucks"which is frustrating when you put in all that work into things...
Quote by justinm575
no i'm not.I've actually dealt with things on other sites like people cutting me down because "you play too fast".And even going as far to say as"it sucks"which is frustrating when you put in all that work into things...

At first I watched the vid and I thought "what's this guy on about", but then I watched again and saw the patterns being employed.

Obviously they're Malmsteen type runs happening, and you may be receiving the same sorts of criticism that he has. He only plays fast, and he plays the same riffs over and over again. Perhaps that's your problem? Can you play any other styles? Do you ever play slow? etc.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
At first I watched the vid and I thought "what's this guy on about", but then I watched again and saw the patterns being employed.

Obviously they're Malmsteen type runs happening, and you may be receiving the same sorts of criticism that he has. He only plays fast, and he plays the same riffs over and over again. Perhaps that's your problem? Can you play any other styles? Do you ever play slow? etc.

yes there's a variety of samples on my talenttrove page. acoustic covers,metal,trip-hop,and some jazz
try playing some slow santana, slash esc solos instead of just so crazy fast no one can even enjoy each note
Quote by justinm575
yes there's a variety of samples on my talenttrove page. acoustic covers,metal,trip-hop,and some jazz

If I have any criticism of your stuff on that page it's that you go out of your way to play as fast as you can in any situation. There's also a distinct lack of recurring themes in the pieces too, which makes them lack progression.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
If I have any criticism of your stuff on that page it's that you go out of your way to play as fast as you can in any situation. There's also a distinct lack of recurring themes in the pieces too, which makes them lack progression.
Thanks for the positive crit or feedback.I know i can improve.One thing i do also know is that i do not"suck".Unless it's someone trying to get under my skin...
Last edited by justinm575 at Oct 20, 2009,
Quote by justinm575
Thanks for the positive crit or feedback.I know i can improve.One thing i do also know is that i do not"suck".Unless it's someone trying to get under my skin...

You'll just have to focus now on being a musician, rather than a guitarist, if you catch my drift.
Soundcloud