I've been playing guitar for a few months now and have been progressing alot. i only have a cheap acoustiv, and its time for an electric. It's almost christmas and thats what im gonna get. i want an ibanez RG but i dont really know. anybody have any suggestions for me?
thanks
if your parents will pay for it and can afford it then get it. but you choose your guitar no one else so dont let some one else's opinion effect what you choose....because whatever u get ur probably stuck with it 4 a while .
one x_vox
Remember to get a amp that cost as much as the guitar and do not get a startup pack, I made that mistake and almost quit guitar because my amp sounded so bad.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
I happen to have an ibanez RG4EXFM1, a really nice guitar. it has the edge-III tremolo, and it rarely goes out of tune. it only has for me in the past when it was my fault (i didnt tighten the saddle, etc.). What i've gotten from others' thoughts on it, anyone who doesn't play just says "ooh, shiny!", and those other guitarists and i agree that the factory pickups have got to go. the factory middle pickup, the INFS3, buzzes a lot under any setting.

the guitar itself is 449$ at the moment, but with all of those guitar center ads, if you buy through them, you can knock off 50 bucks anyway. only other thing - my own guitar doesn't seem to like D'Addario strings... just thought id mention that.

its a good guitar to have, even if just temporary.

Edit: Previous post mentioned a peavey vypyr 15w... funny, i have that too and love it.
Last edited by Alex B. at Oct 20, 2009,
I am defanitley getting a vypyr so I can spend about up to 400 ,450 at the most.
Quote by Acap0624
I am defanitley getting a vypyr so I can spend about up to 400 ,450 at the most.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG370DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512368
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
I'm going to buck the flow and suggest this,

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGA32-Electric-Guitar?sku=620738

Just because I recommend getting something with a standard bridge and not a floyd style floating bridge.
They're not the nightmare they're made out to be but it's definitely not the route to go if you want ease of use for your first electric. Chances are you don't really need a trem anyway.
I was thinking about that. The edge 3 bridge is kinda technical and i dont really wanna deal with it. I like to string my guitar mysel. So I don't have to pay for is, so I think a fixed bridge is the way to go!
I say try a rg out too, the neck is not for everyone. They hurt my wrist so bad when playing and I don't like the flat feeling, while some people love them.