Hey guys.

Im currently playing with a Fender Aerodyne->Sansamp BDDI->MarkBass LittleMark III->Ampeg 410 HLF

Now when I use my sansamp, I LOVE the sound i get from my rig. Its great. However....

When I dont ue the sansamp and try to use the little mark III on its own, I HATE the tone.

I was thinking about returning the Little Mark III and instead getting a GK 700RB-II.

Do any of you have any experience with the GK head? IM a huge GK guy so just having it woiuld make me happy, but I basically want to at least be ABLE to get the tone im getting from my BDDI/Markbass with the BDDI/GK700RB

Is this possible?

Any of you have experience with the 700?

thanks alot
GK are quite amazing, in my opinion. They're versatile, clean, and have an awesome growly tone
Well, if you hate the tone and can't seem to make it sound good in your opinion, either yes, take it back, or no, don't, and get someone to help you with EQing, if that's the problem.
If your SansAmp is already giving you the tone you are looking for, then you might want to consider running it with a straight power amplifier instead of an amplifier head. The power amp won't have EQ controls to complicate your sound, and good power amps can now be had with high RMS power and a very uncolored sound for reasonable prices. In the late 1970s and early 1980s, the preamp/power amp setup was used by quite a few bassists.
Quote by FatalGear41
If your SansAmp is already giving you the tone you are looking for, then you might want to consider running it with a straight power amplifier instead of an amplifier head. The power amp won't have EQ controls to complicate your sound, and good power amps can now be had with high RMS power and a very uncolored sound for reasonable prices. In the late 1970s and early 1980s, the preamp/power amp setup was used by quite a few bassists.

This is a good idea.

Something else along the same lines is for live performances, you could just use the sansamp to DI straight into the PA system.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Les Claypool does something similar.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Honestly I think you should try some different cabs. Markbass and Ampeg are nothing alike in design philosophy so I guess the tone is having an identity crisis
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects