I just learned She talks to angels by the Black Crowes, and I love the way Open E tuning sounds. I just cant find very many acoustic songs that are in Open E tuning, any ideas? Beginner or intermediate difficulty preferred
say it to me now by glen hansard

gold by interference.

Gear:
Reverend PA1
Fender Lone Star Strat
Fender Frontman 212R
Squier Jagmaster
Ibanez AE Series Acoustic
Ibanez EWN28 Classical
Vox Satchurator
Dunlop Cry Baby
MXR Carbon Copy
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Quote by thekooks713
I just learned She talks to angels by the Black Crowes, and I love the way Open E tuning sounds. I just cant find very many acoustic songs that are in Open E tuning, any ideas? Beginner or intermediate difficulty preferred

Omg, Welcome to the club man. This is my fave song to do solo @ gigs. the guitar is flashy without being too hard, the vocals are great to sing.

and also, i dont know any other songs. sorry. but good song choice
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by syngates07
say it to me now by glen hansard

gold by interference.

Yeah, say it to me now was my first open E song
I want you to put on your pretty summer dress
You can wear your Easter bonnet and all the rest
And I wanna make love to you yes, yes, yes when the healing has begun
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Pretty much anything by the Allman Brothers, especially "Little Martha" which is one of my favorite tunes ever. Also, if you're experimenting with Open E, try some of the other open tunings as well like Open G and Open A, which are great tunings for blues slide guitar. A lot of White Stripes songs are in those tunings.
I too have been trying to find some more songs in Open E, so far Alice in Chains "Over Now" is excellent and so is Jerry Cantrell's "Hurt a Long Time". I know "She Talks to Angels" is in Open E but does anyone know of any other good songs in Open E? It helps me to find new chord shapes in that tuning by learning other songs in Open E.
Do you know of any specific songs in the rock/alternate genre Afterhours?
Other than "She talks to Angels" by Black Crowes....I can't think of any off hand. I have band rehearsal in about an hour. I'll ask the other band mambers, I'm sure they'll come up with some others.