Which modern bands would they play in?

Curious to see what the Pit comes up with...
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Metal heads are pissed off hippies

they hate the establismhemt
want to play guitar all day and not go to school
and dress apart from the crowd

so basically, more death metal
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88

Hippies still exist. Bonnaroo is proof.
Quote by diofan88

No, Punk fans are pissed off hippies. They actually hate the establishment and actively speak out against it. Only violently rather than peacefully. They are the ones who protest politically. Last I checked Cannibal Corpse was singing about ****ing dead hookers.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Jimi Hendrix would be in The Killers.

Marilyn Monroe would be in The Flaming Lips.

Janis Joplin would sing for Evanescence and marry Justin Timberlake.

Quote by diofan88

HOLY SHIT!
i made that exact point using those words! (with diffrent idioms and speach patters of course)
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
No, Punk fans are pissed off hippies. They actually hate the establishment and actively speak out against it. Only violently rather than peacefully. They are the ones who protest politically. Last I checked Cannibal Corpse was singing about ****ing dead hookers.

LOLOLOL

sorry an active punk lolololol oxymoron

my best friends are all punks (i am a metalhead) and those are the laziest most unmotivated ppl in the world

they do nothing to conjure up the revolutionary spirit

sorry mate, i hate to "diss" you, but i've failed to ever see a "punk" do shit towards fixing the establishmen

FYI: I hang around with a group of em, and besides wearing tighter pants than I, they do nothing
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by diofan88

I don't think so, they don't talk about politics and stuff in their lyrics as much as punks do, most of the time it's just about being brootal and stuff.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Alex Lifeson would be in...

...oh wait
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Wolfmother.

+1
Quote by r4ster
Pedalboard wood alters the tone

To each his own

Gear-
'06 Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Pete Townsend would be in a punk band.

Considering he was the figurehead for the mods in England, I highly doubt it. Rockers were more punks than mods weren't they?

It would be interesting to see which musicians Bob Dylan would play with.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
I don't think so, they don't talk about politics and stuff in their lyrics as much as punks do, most of the time it's just about being brootal and stuff.

Thrash, being influenced by hardcore, is often political. So is grindcore.
Quote by diofan88
LOLOLOL

my best friends are all punks (i am a metalhead) and those are the laziest most unmotivated ppl in the world

sorry mate, i hate to "diss" you, but i've failed to ever see a "punk" do shit towards fixing the establishmen

FYI: I hang around with a group of em, and besides wearing tighter pants than I, they do nothing

Someone's never listened to CRASS.

I know punks. Punks organize radical collectives, punks put out zines explaining their political views, punks read anarchist literature, punks ride bikes instead of driving cars.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603

*Growls* I CAN RAPE TEN DEAD HOOKERS WHILE BEING CRUSHED BY A SEMI *Growls*
Quote by st.stephen
Considering he was the figurehead for the mods in England, I highly doubt it. Rockers were more punks than mods weren't they?

It would be interesting to see which musicians Bob Dylan would play with.

The Clash toured with The Who, and there's certainly a Townshend influence in their songs (compare "Clash City Rockers" to "I Can't Explain") as well as their live performances.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
I guess, but his style of playing would get him huge recognition amongst punk fans.

true
Quote by FlyingPirahna
*Growls* I CAN RAPE TEN DEAD HOOKERS WHILE BEING CRUSHED BY A SEMI *Growls*

To Holy Katana: Ok, you have two subgenres against a whole genre, I'm no saying you're wrong but Punk is often much more political than metal.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by neidnarb11890
Someone's never listened to CRASS.

I know punks. Punks organize radical collectives, punks put out zines explaining their political views, punks read anarchist literature, punks ride bikes instead of driving cars.

look, my basic response to this would be something along the lines of...

Trust me, I live in LA, i've spent quite sometime in just about every scene around here, mainly punk because i live in East Los specifically, where punks are the prevaying clique

and would like to simply say, i see punks as ppl who complain and literally do nothing, flunk outta class, drink their ass senseless all day, and smoke really bad weed

why do i see this?

because that is the majority of punks here, well wait, i should say pretty much all of them
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by diofan88
LOLOLOL

Somebody doesn't know what he's talking about!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Holy Katana
Hippies still exist. Bonnaroo is proof.

This times infinity.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Oct 20, 2009,
Quote by element4433
Somebody doesn't know what he's talking about!

before this becomes a flame war

your experiences with the punk sub culture have clearly differed from mine, and i respect that, but that doesn't take away from my broad generalization of them because of what i've seen in their community
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by diofan88

your experiences with the punk sub culture have clearly differed from mine, and i respect that, but that doesn't take away from my broad generalization of them because of what i've seen in their community
Makes sense. You should always judge an entire group of people based on the actions of few.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Makes sense. You should always judge an entire group of people based on the actions of few.

when 99 percent of the ones I meet are high school drop outs, stoners, clearly are not going anywhere, and have no ambition to even go to a rally...

it seems that it would stand
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by diofan88

The fact that it's a broad generalization takes away from it. Punk is a much more diverse and complex sub genre and culture than most people like to think. The punks you know are obviously quite different from the punks I know. A broad generalization never does a diverse population justice.
Ozzy would be in Black Sabbath
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by diofan88
LOLOLOL

Joe Strummer.

The people you hang around with aren't punks. Punk is dead.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Oct 20, 2009,
Quote by diofan88

when 99 percent of the ones I meet are high school drop outs, stoners, clearly are not going anywhere, and have no ambition to even go to a rally...

it seems that it would stand

It doesn't because of this:
Quote by neidnarb11890
The fact that it's a broad generalization takes away from it. Punk is a much more diverse and complex sub genre and culture than most people like to think. The punks you know are obviously quite different from the punks I know. A broad generalization never does a diverse population justice.
Every punk that I've met either has been in or is currently enrolled in college, works a steady job, is active in community service or all the above. See? You can't judge an entire group of people because of some.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by ScottB.
Joe Strummer.

Also, RIP Joe
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Oct 20, 2009,
Eric Clapton: Queens of the Stone Age

Mainly because I think Queens of the Stone Age sounds like a continuation of Cream. And if Josh Homme and Eric Clapton made a music baby, it would be named Awsome.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by TDS
Eric Clapton: Queens of the Stone Age

Mainly because I think Queens of the Stone Age sounds like a continuation of Cream. And if Josh Homme and Eric Clapton made a music baby, it would be named Awsome.

That would be cool.
Quote by ScottB.
Punk is dead.

Oh, haven't yo heard? Blake Schwarzenbach has a new band. Punk is saved!