Specifics on what model is what I'm looking for. I already know they are PRS's.

The BTBAM Colors DVD. Paul and Dustie are using PRS's. They look like SE's, but I can't be sure, and would not be able to understand why they would use SE's.

Can someone provide some clarification for me?
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
they're custom PRS's Dustie's is a custom SE

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I doubt they're SEs, both have an arched top.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by SPBY
they're custom PRS's Dustie's is a custom SE

What model would be most similar to either of theirs?
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage

no idea seeing as i dont really listen to BTBAM all that much. I just looked it up on wikipedia haha

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Junnage

as far as I'm aware they use Dimarzio p/us-im gonna say D-activators again im not sure- so really a custom 22/24 with either of those would work. but if it's tone your looking for look at their amps.
Quote by stephen_rettie
as far as I'm aware they use Dimarzio p/us-im gonna say D-activators again im not sure- so really a custom 22/24 with either of those would work. but if it's tone your looking for look at their amps.

Well part of it is that I've always liked the looks of their guitars, so I just wanted to try out a PRS that was similar to them.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
Well part of it is that I've always liked the looks of their guitars, so I just wanted to try out a PRS that was similar to them.

well tbh PRS has very few radically different shapes. besides the newer Mira and such they really just have the singlecuts and the standard PRS shape. I'm pretty sure they will be using Custom 22/24s so grab one of those off the wall or the SE versions (SE are the affordable versions).
Quote by stephen_rettie
well tbh PRS has very few radically different shapes. besides the newer Mira and such they really just have the singlecuts and the standard PRS shape. I'm pretty sure they will be using Custom 22/24s so grab one of those off the wall or the SE versions (SE are the affordable versions).

Looking at 4:54 in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN74dEaD08A&feature=PlayList&p=43A6D1D09B674494&index=0&playnext=1

His guitar does not appear to be arched and it has the dot inlays rather than the birds. Aren't those a few signs of an SE?
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
Looking at 4:54 in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN74dEaD08A&feature=PlayList&p=43A6D1D09B674494&index=0&playnext=1

His guitar does not appear to be arched and it has the dot inlays rather than the birds. Aren't those a few signs of an SE?

lol yes as I've said on colors Dustie used an SE. Custom 24 if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by stephen_rettie
lol yes as I've said on colors Dustie used an SE. Custom 24 if I'm not mistaken.

Aww craps oops. And yeah, that's why I was asking. I thougth you said he was using a Custom 24 and not an SE Custom 24. Do you happen to know if there were any mods done to the guitar?
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
Aww craps oops. And yeah, that's why I was asking. I thougth you said he was using a Custom 24 and not an SE Custom 24. Do you happen to know if there were any mods done to the guitar?

he may have replaced the p/us, but I cant stress enough how much his amp (orange thunderverb i think) contributes to the tone. if he did replace the p/us (and if he did he replaced them with zebras just like the stock) they are most likely dimarzios.
I dont think he uses that guitar anymore and I think that may have been the first gig they played with PRSs.
Quote by stephen_rettie
he may have replaced the p/us, but I cant stress enough how much his amp (orange thunderverb i think) contributes to the tone. if he did replace the p/us (and if he did he replaced them with zebras just like the stock) they are most likely dimarzios.
I dont think he uses that guitar anymore and I think that may have been the first gig they played with PRSs.

Well I'm more interested in the live tone to be honest.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
Well I'm more interested in the live tone to be honest.

you'll be struggling with a bluesbreaker no offense fantastic amp, but not for BTBAM. And I know how you feel, the live tone for colors is orgasmic. Prequel to the Sequel sounds amazing.
Quote by stephen_rettie
you'll be struggling with a bluesbreaker no offense fantastic amp, but not for BTBAM. And I know how you feel, the live tone for colors is orgasmic. Prequel to the Sequel sounds amazing.

Oh I have to update that soon. I'm selling it soon to buy either an ENGL Powerball or a Mesa Boogie 2 Channel Dual Rectifier. I'm looking for a versatile guitar into a versatile amp.

How is the CE 24? How does it differ from the Custom and the SE Custom?
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
Oh I have to update that soon. I'm selling it soon to buy either an ENGL Powerball or a Mesa Boogie 2 Channel Dual Rectifier. I'm looking for a versatile guitar into a versatile amp.

How is the CE 24? How does it differ from the Custom and the SE Custom?

PRS CE:

The CE 24 was designed back in 1988 and it's been in continual production ever since. It offers our comfortable wide-thin neck carve and combines the clarity of our popular 24 fret instruments with the warmth and classic style of a maple-topped, one-piece mahogany body and HFS/Vintage Bass pickup combination. The CE 22 has a slightly shorter, stiffer neck and the full tone of our 22 fret models. Add our Dragon II pickups and you have a guitar with a quality of tone and playability far in excess of its price tag.

so mainly the neck as far as i can tell.

Edit: and with either of those amps and some tweaking im sure your LP will sound fine.
bump
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6