Recommend me a good, reasonably priced (I dunno exact price) RG. My friend (no account) is looking for one. He is pretty good (He does the occasional studio gig) but for a long time, all he's had to work with was a Squier Strat. Amp is not an issue (He has a fine one, though I forget the name). What would be a good guitar, coming from someone who has never had more than 21 frets and a poor fixed bring? He really wants at least a bridge humbucker, and it's be good if it were a model that can be found with or without tremolo (he hasn't decided if he wants one). I'll say about $700 is max, I guess
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
with $700 I would look at the RG fixed bridge but avoid the trem RGs that arent Prestige as the edge 3 can be hit and miss.
If he wants a trem he should look at the S series.
yes the s series is amazing
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
I'd go with an S320, or if you want a fancier finish get a higher end model, like the S520 or S470.

But with the S320 you can mod it however and not feel as bad about molesting an expensive guitar (well at least I would feel bad about it, as well as not be able to afford it)

As the guy above said, if you get a new RG below about $1000, it'll have an Edge III, which is apparently highly undesirable.
Quote by Tedward
I'd go with an S320, or if you want a fancier finish get a higher end model, like the S520 or S470.

But with the S320 you can mod it however and not feel as bad about molesting an expensive guitar (well at least I would feel bad about it, as well as not be able to afford it)

As the guy above said, if you get a new RG below about $1000, it'll have an Edge III, which is apparently highly undesirable.

indeed, all that really changes on higher end S models is the top and finish. the pickups are gonna get swapped anyway.
and although the edge 3 isnt quite as bad as everyone says (i own one) its just frustratingly average and not an easy swap for another trem. certain models you can drop an OFR in easy but others you cant for some reason.
Alright, thanks! I have an edge 3 myself, so I can use that as a visual example for him
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules