Anyone know one?
Cant really get my hands on one, no money, etc.
So if you guys could help...

No, I did not searchbar, I doubt anyone would be desperate enough to do this.

EDIT:
Either answer helpfully, or GTFO.
I did searchbar, and nothing came up.
I AGREE
Last edited by Hobo69 at Oct 20, 2009,
Desperate enough to use search?

I find it easier to use the search bar than to make a post, and far less time consuming.
Quote by Crydius
Desperate enough to use search?

I find it easier to use the search bar than to make a post, and far less time consuming.

Aww, cheese and crackers, looks like I did, and it said NOTHING CAME UP.
I AGREE
What exactly are you looking for?

Isn't the tool some hex shaped thingy you just turn your truss rod with?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
You're referring to an allen wrench. I'm really not sure that an alternative exists and they're not particularly expensive.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well, it depends on the truss rod.

You need a screwdriver, a socket, or an allen wrench.

Go to the hardware store for these.

Unless you have a Peavey/Musicman style truss wheel?
it's just an allen key.... they come free with most household build it yourself stuff. Like cabinets and such

Everything uses them it'd be useful to get a set
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
yea the type of tool depends on the guitar.

guitar manufacturers like to make sure guitar techs have a zillion different tools to lose.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
yea the type of tool depends on the guitar.

guitar manufacturers like to make sure guitar techs have a zillion different tools to lose.

amen! allen wrenches are most common, followed by sockets (usually also in hex configuration or sometimes pent). rarely you'll come across a star socket or standard flathead/phillips type (usually off-brand guitars).

also, Hobo, don't be a dick when you're asking for help.

crydius gave you a good answer at 9:06. two minutes later you replied in a less than humble way. a minute after that you edited your first post. keep in mind YOU ARE THE ONE ASKING FOR HELP. maybe you should GTFO.

and are you seriously that inept that you can't find an allen wrench? what are you, a 10 year old?
Quote by GrisKy
and are you seriously that inept that you can't find an allen wrench? what are you, a 10 year old?

Quote by GrisKy
don't be a dick

Try taking your own advise there buddy. The first part of your post was great, I know adjusting the trussrod on my Ibanez is a PITA because it uses a hex socket and I dont have the right tool for it, obviously TS doesnt have a guitar with an allen wrench trussrod.
If its a hex nut, a socket driver should do the trick.
i'm not the one asking for help either. don't bite the hand that feeds.

...and to be honest, i couldn't give a shit if TS fixes his guitar or not. maybe he ought'a stick to cheese and crackers.
Last edited by GrisKy at Oct 21, 2009,
He came in here looking for an answer and all he got was searchbar nazi's. Honestly, if everyone searchbarred before they made a thread this place would probably be dead. If you are going to come into someones thread and arent going to help at all (searchbar had nothing relevant, so wouldnt to TS any good) dont even bother posting. You're just wasting your time and the threadstarters.
it's not too much to ask thread starters to use the search bar before posting a thread, even if it did turn up empty (if TS actually checked it) TS wouldn't know it until he tried. maybe less activity is exactly what this place needs, fewer "which amp" threads, not to mention pointless ones like this. truss rod how-to's are not a rare thing. if it's a tool he's looking for, perhaps he could've used a little common sense: square peg = square hole, round peg = round hole, hexigon allen wrench = hexigon truss rod reciever... not rocket science. i'm not wasting TS's time, TS is wasting mine, and i'm still trying to figure out why you're defending him?

EDIT: Oh, look what I found using THE SEARCH BAR:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1198578&highlight=truss+rod+tool

and that's just the first one I clicked on. TS, you're a liar, and you suck.
Last edited by GrisKy at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by Hobo69

Cant really get my hands on one, no money, etc.

Either answer helpfully, or GTFO.

Absolute fail on 2 counts.
Theres not really an alternative to the proper tool. You use the correct size tool or you end up with an even more expensive problem, stripped truss rod nut. A set of allen wrenches, if thats what your guitar uses, is 3$ sometimes less at an auto parts store or walmart.
Quote by littlephil
I know adjusting the trussrod on my Ibanez is a PITA because it uses a hex socket and I dont have the right tool for it
Really? My Ibanez just gets the ol' allen wrench. Mine is a bit older though, maybe that is why.
Quote by Tackleberry
Theres not really an alternative to the proper tool. You use the correct size tool or you end up with an even more expensive problem, stripped truss rod nut.
...Maybe I should get some better tools for my Ibanez...?

TS: you remind me of a troll.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."