i am considering re-building a guitar and i was wondering if you could use a T.O.M. in conjunction with a Floyd Rose. You would probably have to fill the bridge pickup hole, put the TOM in there and cut another pickup hole closer to the neck, but i was wondering if A: its possible B: it would improve anything on the guitar (tuning, tone, volume, etc.)
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
If I understand what your saying then putting the bridge in a different spot will screw up every note on the neck.and there's no benefit i could even see to using both....
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Not only would that completely mess up the scale length, it wouls also cause every pull-up (or divebomb) to snap at least one string, if not more.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
yeah, evertime you used the bar it would drag the string across the saddles.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I think he's basically trying to use a floyd rose like a bigsby. Which is just a bad idea for all the previously stated reasons.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by Jason Jillard
try it.

Lol

maybey something magicall will happen.

one of your eyes might do a disappearing act when all you strings explode
Gear:
Squier Strat (modded)
Vintage SG
ESP-LTD Alexi 200
Epiphone Explorer Goth
Les Paul Build
Flying V Build
EH Metal Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40
Quote by Ieuanm
one of your eyes might do a disappearing act when all you strings explode

how would it make your strings break?

with roller saddles, the TOM at the proper position, and the FR at the butt of the guitar, this idea is basically just an over-complicated bigsby, with an increaced range

..unless I'm missing something
Call me dumb.. But what does TOM stand for?
Quote by brownsfan456
Anything is possible with music which is sooo awesome

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.
Quote by KenjiBeast
Call me dumb.. But what does TOM stand for?
Tune-o-matic.

Gibson bridge with adjustable intonation for each saddle.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I don't see where this could be of any value, besides aesthetics, and then the FR would be near impossible to use.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
The question is, why?
I mean, just a floyd rose is capable of the exact same things, if not more, than what you are pruposing. And the tone would probably be worse, with the aded glue and different wood and routing and repositening the pickup. And it would mess up the scale lenght, so all your notes would be off. Repositioning the floyd to the back ot the guitar and puting the TOM where the floyd was would technicaly work, but again, it would require so much work and give you absolutely no benefits.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
i know but i just thought ut would look really cool but i forgot about the scale length and stuff
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
Quote by gorkyporky
The question is, why?
I mean, just a floyd rose is capable of the exact same things, if not more, than what you are pruposing.

BUT you could intonate it much easier and also de-tune to drop tunings without all the extra bullshit of a floyd rose, and still have all the advantages of a floyd rose. Yes its like a bigsby sort of...but with divebombs. i actually kinda like this idea.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Quote by sk8freakrt
BUT you could intonate it much easier and also de-tune to drop tunings without all the extra bullshit of a floyd rose, and still have all the advantages of a floyd rose. Yes its like a bigsby sort of...but with divebombs. i actually kinda like this idea.

detune, no. still have to muck around with the locking system like any other FR guitar.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
hmm well if there was someway to just use the floyd rose as a stop-tail....
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Quote by sk8freakrt
hmm well if there was someway to just use the floyd rose as a stop-tail....

you might as well just have the stop tail. you'll still need to fine tune with the FR to tune it correctly, just like any other FR.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Use this
http://www.allparts.com/Schaller-Chrome-Stop-Tailpiece-p/tp-0398-010.htm
just whammy w/o a whammy bar and you should be good.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.