Ok so when i plug in my acoustic (its an Ovation celebrity) to my amp and i turn up the gain (on the guitar just enough so that the signal comes through) it will pick up the radio. Is there any way of stopping/preventing this from happening. cause it gets annoying
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
Last edited by Seaweed2626 at Oct 21, 2009,
help me....
Gear
Ovation Celebrity
Quote by HeyItsChenny
Turn up the volume instead of the gain?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Most amps will pick up a signal it from time to time. I used to pick up medical stuff from the ER at a nearby hospital. Live near any radio towers? There isn't a whole lot that can be done, other than playing unplugged.
i dont have a volume nob.....
and to be exact i live by like 5 broadcasting towers and with in a block or so of a hospital
Gear
Ovation Celebrity
Quote by HeyItsChenny
Or try a different cable. The shielding in yours may have gotten damaged somehow. Do you have a tube amp?
no tube amp
...would it help to get a sound hole cover?
and i might try a different outlet cause i got my amp pluged into a power strip and not right into the wall
Gear
Ovation Celebrity
Quote by HeyItsChenny
aluminum foil?
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by Seaweed2626
no tube amp
...would it help to get a sound hole cover?
and i might try a different outlet cause i got my amp pluged into a power strip and not right into the wall

No, a soundhole cover won't help in your case. Those are primarily to stop feedback during live gigs when the open port of an acoustic guitar can pickup and retransmit the sound waves over and over again.

I'd look seriously at changing the location of the amp and trying out different outlets. If you've got certain items running on one particular outlet, things that could be receiving the radio signal, then simply changing to a different outlet may fix it.
The power strip with multiple things plugged into it isn't the greatest when it comes to clean sound from an amp. You'd be much better off with the amp plugged in by itself to an outlet.
thnks ill give it a try
Gear
Ovation Celebrity
Quote by HeyItsChenny