DUE DATE NOV 2
so it's october, this is the contests sub-forum & there's bound to be some new members around. put them all together and what do you get?

THE OCTOBER NEWBIE COMPETITION!

información:

- 9-12 can sign up (maybe more depending on how fast the spots go).
- Due date will be set once enough people have signed up.
- To sign up just leave a post in this thread saying "im in" (or something like that).
- The piece

To qualify for this competition you must have a join date of any time after Juyl 1st, 2009 OR a first thread in S&L after July 1, 2009 -- No exceptions!

If you fail to submit your piece on time, you will be deducted 1 point.
Point distribution:
1st place - 3pts
2nd place - 2pts
3nd place - 1pt

More info:
1) you can write (almost) anything you wish, yay! accepted: songs, poems, etc. just try to keep it short. prose isn't allowed either.

2) it doesn't have to rhyme, but it can if you want.

3) When you have your piece done PM it to me. To Private Message (PM) you click on my name, go to where it says "send message" on the left side of my profile, then send me your piece. Please put the title in the message, and use the title "newbie comp entry foo'" for the subject

4) Once polls are up, vote in all other pairings that your piece is not in. You MUST NOT vote for your own piece or we will begin by removing fingers and toes and go from there.

in:
1) Metal Axe
2) Smpl Dstrctns
3) DreamCatchMe
4) WinterEagle5
5) ESPLTDV401DX
6) galvincandance
7) Rockafellas89

get started cats!

any questions or comments or stuff post them here
Last edited by cubs at Oct 30, 2009,
To qualify for this competition you must have a join date of any time after Juyl 1st, 2009 OR a first thread in S&L after July 1, 2009

I havn't posted any threads in S&L yet but I've got one post in The Lyric Game 4 dated 29-06-09. Am I still eligible to enter?
Quote by Metal Axe
I havn't posted any threads in S&L yet but I've got one post in The Lyric Game 4 dated 29-06-09. Am I still eligible to enter?

well, you should be. it says 'first thread in S&L' though that is really a new rule just added this past newbie comp, i don't think we thought about that. i'll ask a mod and let you know. you really would have been in without any trouble if you hadn't mentioned that. i would have only looked at threads started by you and not individual posts
Quote by cubs
well, you should be. it says 'first thread in S&L' though that is really a new rule just added this past newbie comp, i don't think we thought about that. i'll ask a mod and let you know. you really would have been in without any trouble if you hadn't mentioned that. i would have only looked at threads started by you and not individual posts

I'd let him in.
Aww...my first piece was just barely before July 1st..
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Ganoosh, sorry man. stuff like that always happens. shit, i think it happened to me once. you did get in the last one right? i dont really consider you a newbie, btw. you post regurarly, probably more than me these days

rest of y'all are in.
to the guy asking what prose is:

Prose is the ordinary form of written language. The word "prose" is derived from the Latin prosa, which literally translates to "straightforward". Prose is adopted for the discussion of facts and topical reading, as it is often articulated in free form writing style. Thus, it may be used for books, newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias, broadcast media, films, letters, history, philosophy, biography, and many other forms of communication.

more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prose

due date will be set once we get six or so people in. you guys can start sending in your piece now however.
Yeah, I've been in the last two. I guess I've had my fill of newbie comps anyway, I won the first one and came second in the other one and they're the only reason I even have any points right now. :P
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
^you're in.

and no multiple pieces, just one. though if you send your entry and then decide you'd rather use another piece, you can send it to me as long as it is before the due date.

DUE DATE: A WEEK FROM NOW.
I'm in!

Ok, by writing a lyrics does it include a song melodies to it? I have videos on my original music posted up on Youtube. Am I allowed to use that?

If yes, here's one of it;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t1Kd2ZCSwA

Or am I supposed to just PM you my lyrics? Thank you. I am sure this is a great opportunities for many budding musicians
Last edited by Rockafellas89 at Oct 25, 2009,
nah, this is only for lyrics so music is not really taken into consideration. just PM me words and youre fine
sent mine in today, sorry for being late.

edit : don't use the first one i sent you, i've sent you another one. thanks.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Last edited by gavincandance at Nov 2, 2009,
Sorry about missing the due date, my computer got a virus and I've only just gotten it back. What a great way to start with lyrics contests aye?
Again, sorry for any inconvinience.
hey guys ive been busy with examns this whole week. i will hopefully have this up this weekend or monday max. if you havent send in your piece, you still have time.