Hi yall... first post.

Tell me how you would respond to this... It has happened to me repeatedly on ebay...

A seller has something he might have labeled a "Japanese Vintage Lawsuit Copy" for which he has provided pictures.
Nowhere on the guitar does it say Japan (in fact you might see Taiwan badged on it)... and so you contact the seller and ask about it. The seller responds and explains that it was all a mix up of some sort and that he will fix it later. Days pass as you watch the item and it never gets fixed. The end result is some schmuck winning what he presumably believes is a "Japanese Vintage Lawsuit Copy".

I think this is crooked as hell but really, what can you do about it?
If you report it to ebay they will look at it and take it down
If you report it to ebay they will look at it and take it down

really... have you ever had to do that?

I haven't been watching ebay for all that long and as I said, I see this happen repeatedly. Wonder why no one else reports it?

The last one I saw was this one>>>> removed

as you can see the guy posted my question to the ad but when I again reponded to him telling him that these guitars were made in Korea he told me appreciated the info and that he would "Take care of it".
Ebay would have fixed this?
Last edited by podman32 at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by podman32
really... have you ever had to do that?

I haven't been watching ebay for all that long and as I said, I see this happen repeatedly. Wonder why no one else reports it?

The last one I saw was this one>>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130337000937&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

as you can see the guy posted my question to the ad but when I again reponded to him telling him that these guitars were made in Korea he told me appreciated the info and that he would "Take care of it".
Ebay would have fixed this?

he added it to the description that its korean
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by steve!
he added it to the description that its korean

well ain't I the dumbass

good for them.. still think it should have been taken off the title.

But I have lightened up.
I was worked up last night when I wrote this... I got a used guitar in the mail off ebay that literally fell to pieces when I took the strings off.
Sometimes it can be a mistake. But there are less than reputable sellers who are hoping less informed people will come along. You noticed it was not MIJ but MIT but others wont dig that deep and buy it. You can report em and sometimes ebay will take em down. Just one of those things protect your self, if its fishy dont buy it. Its up to others to protect themselves.
^ *reported*

going back to the original point, i'd report it to ebay.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?