I don't know where a subforum for this would go....

anyways...

For a local band...

They had asked me for an album cover quite some time ago....

My mind finally kicked up and I made that just tonight.

The album would be named "Secret War".

The band logo would go on top (I need to work on that as well) and the album name would be on the bottom.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
That's really good, man! I love the simplicity! The image in the eye is nice, too, because you might not see it right at first, but once you do, you feel accomplished!

EDIT: I took my image off because I didn't want to hijack the thread... Sorry! Haha
Last edited by wamguy89 at Oct 21, 2009,
Quite good.
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

I'd make the picture bigger to get rid of some of the white space and put the band name and album title in the corner in small writing.

Epic picture BTW.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I love it. Maybe small it down 25% from what it is now and add a slight diagonal gradient for the center piece, but that's just me.

Like the other guy said, love the simplicity!
Quote by the_jackyl
I like it, even though I think "secret war" is a dumb name for an album.

It's one of their songs.

I don't know if it'd really be the name of the album. Just that they wanted it themed around that.

EDIT:

@pbiggie

doesn't look good because I didn't clean it up to look good with BnW inverted.

Maybe I just don't like it because I was makin' it this way first.

@wamguy

Quote by CrossBack7
Very nice! You've got talent man. If I HAD to make a suggestion, I would say try making the blood under the eye in teardrops or w/e, and see what looks better.

I also like the black and white invert suggestion.
Hope you don't mind me doing this just to see... I'll delete it in a few minutes... And... Deleted! Hahahahaha you'll never know about my beautiful psing!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by wamguy89 at Oct 21, 2009,
I coulda done a much cleaner job at that wamguy.

I don't mind.

Quote by CrossBack7
Haha sorry... I just had ps open, so I just did select color range, inverse, invert in 2 seconds... I didn't really try, but I wanted to get a better idea of what it would look like... I like it better with the white background, though... Time to remove my crappy psing from teh interwebz!!

and someone recommended teardrops instead.

I made it look that way because of a certain reason.

The song is about a genocide(that's not recognized) that's currently ongoing and has been for a long time.

The red on the bottom looks like a stream of blood because the lyrics reference part of a story my grandfather told(he was in the Vietnam War). It was about how he would see the rivers run red with blood.

EDIT: My older bro helps write songs for them. The band gets things accomplished much quicker that way.

Quote by CrossBack7
Its pretty good but it leaves a bit to be desired. I know you were probably going for the simplistic look but the whole thing is a bit plain with all the edges and margins being left blank.

I think you should add a bit more detail to the empty spaces to make the whole thing pop out a bit more. It doesn't have to be more graphics but some sort of texture or background would be nice rather than just the eye and plain white spaces all around.

Why not try to develop the eye by making it a tad bigger and extending out the eyelids to encompass the entire length of the available space? that would make for a more prominent showing of the art. You can also try adding more eyelashes and have them extend swirling out everywhich way into the edges of the cover (if you understand what im saying). It is a great idea, however, and i really like what you did with it.

I can really see the whole symbolism behind it (it doesn't come of as just another emo drawing) with the whole eye being the human perception and the picture within the eye being some sort of man suppressing another (government control perhaps? or maybe society forcing the other person to conform?). In any case, i like the portrayal of ideas.

Good luck! =P

EDIT: sorry, i didn't really read all the replies so you may have already clarified something that i critiqued.
Last edited by WastedxYears at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by WastedxYears
Its pretty good but it leaves a bit to be desired. I know you were probably going for the simplistic look but the whole thing is a bit plain with all the edges and margins being left blank.

I think you should add a bit more detail to the empty spaces to make the whole thing pop out a bit more. It doesn't have to be more graphics but some sort of texture or background would be nice rather than just the eye and plain white spaces all around.

You didn't even read what TS wrote, did you?
Quote by soulflyV
You didn't even read what TS wrote, did you?

read my edit.

i read the title, i saw the picture, and i told him what i thought of it.

hopefully he gets something out of it.

Well album covers are generally the first thing you see when you're trollin for a new band at a record store.

So my initial impretion is that it would be a very soft/pop/emo rock kind of band. That's just me. The picture in the eye is a super cool to!
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Quote by soulflyV
No. No one else sees them. Not even the guy who made the image does.

You're imagining things.

Was I stating the obvious? No one else mentioned them.
This looks great bro. I think it was an excellent (eye)dea using those people in the pupil bit. Very very clever.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by WastedxYears

Why not try to develop the eye by making it a tad bigger and extending out the eyelids to encompass the entire length of the available space? that would make for a more prominent showing of the art. You can also try adding more eyelashes and have them extend swirling out everywhich way into the edges of the cover (if you understand what im saying). It is a great idea, however, and i really like what you did with it.

I can really see the whole symbolism behind it (it doesn't come of as just another emo drawing) with the whole eye being the human perception and the picture within the eye being some sort of man suppressing another (government control perhaps? or maybe society forcing the other person to conform?). In any case, i like the portrayal of ideas.

Good luck! =P

EDIT: sorry, i didn't really read all the replies so you may have already clarified something that i critiqued.

^^this

Sweeeet design though man. I dig it!
Yah, some kind of texture/aged look would be really cool, but this isn't exactly my element.
Beautiful cover. Love everything about it. Please don't let the band name the album 'secret war'. For the sake of art, don't.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by vanshaya
Beautiful cover. Love everything about it. Please don't let the band name the album 'secret war'. For the sake of art, don't.

This. They should make the album self titled.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Honestly that's brilliant. Do not let them name that album Secret War. Please, for the love of god...That is such a great picture, and it will just be ruined by such a lame name.

God, where would you get the inspiration for that?

EDIT: What the hell is with everyone saying the exact same thing as me...this is getting stupid
Quote by Momentosis
I don't know where a subforum for this would go....

anyways...

For a local band...

They had asked me for an album cover quite some time ago....

My mind finally kicked up and I made that just tonight.

The album would be named "Secret War".

The band logo would go on top (I need to work on that as well) and the album name would be on the bottom.

Really nice and simple. I'd clean it up a bit and fix the right side of the eye where you can see where the paintbrush took out a bunch of circles from the black, and the gunman's arms, they look a bit strange.

It's a bit out of "balance" as well.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Last edited by Gyroscope at Oct 22, 2009,
I love the image in the eye. That's awesome. I like it.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲