I own a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser and even though the stock EMG's sound ok I want to improve the sound, I have heard alot about the bare knuckles everything being good. I was wondering what model of the pickups would be best for a progressive metal player? Ideally, I want a nice low end, a nice lead tone, and a crisp clean sound.
Nailbomb, Warpig, or Miracle Man sets would suit. I would prob go with a Warpig set.

That's like $400USD on pickups, just so you know.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
That's like $400USD on pickups, just so you know.

No it's not... about $240

AxePalace.com

Ask the owner of BKP, he is very quick to responses and knows his pickups better than anyone else. Chances are, he'll tell you to get Painkillers, but might want to ask either way
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Prog = Painkillers.

I have the Painkiller, Miracle Man and Nailbomb.

The Nailbomb isn't a high gain pickup. High outout yes, but its not high gain. Its responsive and has excellent harmonic detail.

The Miracle Man is like an active pickup without the sterile or over-compressed tone.

The Warpig is essentially a thumping and rhythm oriented pickup.

The Painkiller is a high gain, balanced pickup with a slight mid-range hump to make your sound stand out.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
What kind of amp have you got?

The way the preamp section and pickup interacts is important to consider (eg for a very high-gain amp, use lower output pickups for more clarity and dynamic range, or use high-output pickups to really drive a non master-volume amp).