ok, ive got an Ibanez RG7321. i orginally took everything off to strip the paint and swirl it, well because of money issues i was forced to put it back together to sell it, along with 2 other guitar. ive done solder work and wiring on several of my guitars so i figured i had a pretty good grasp on what i was doing, guess i was wrong. when i plug in i get this horriable feed back, where its almost as loud as the volume of the guitar when played. ive tried it with other amps and cables and tried other guitars with said amps and cables and everything works perfect, except for the RG7321. volume pot works fine, tone pot works fine, switch works fine. anyone got any idea what might be causing this? maybe the input jack is wired wrong? maybe i didnt ground it correctly? please help cause ive got someone very interested in it
would either the bridge or neck pup grounding effect the over all sound? or would the main grounding do that? cause i have the feed back for every position on the switch
did you maybe switch the hot & ground up on the jack ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
+1 ^

check that black (ground) is on inner most lug on jack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah, you'll have a ground wire from the bridge to the back of a pot and then you'll also have one from the jack to somewhere, depending on your setup. if you mix the hot with ground on the jack it'll cause noise problems.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by jj1565
+1 ^

check that black (ground) is on inner most lug on jack.

Thank you so much for posting that, out of curiosity I took my input jack out and found that the black wire was facing out so i switched it around and my guitar sounds so much better! Less feedback and better tone! Stupid people at schecter
Quote by TheBrownPenguin
Thank you so much for posting that, out of curiosity I took my input jack out and found that the black wire was facing out so i switched it around and my guitar sounds so much better! Less feedback and better tone! Stupid people at schecter

ok cool. glad that worked out for you.
sometimes the colors vary, but if its working the yay!

as for the TS.
what was that now?

you have the ground from the bridge, going to a pool on the back of a pot right?
well a ground should also go from the jack to that common ground, via a lug sticking off the pot.

in other words, and i'm sure it mikey said it better,

a ground wire (usually all the same color) touches everything in the compartment and meets at a common ground. somewhere you mixed a hot and a ground wire, so
if you would feel better posting a clear picture of the cavity, we might see the problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok, ive redone the ground from the bridge, didnt help. redid the jack, didnt help. my only option is switching the wires on the jack. will try that tomorrow after work. will update too