Learn the major scale so you understand it - in terms of notes, steps and intervals - that way you'll understand why a key has those notes, and you'll understand all major keys.

Then learn how the minor scale is related to the mjor scale, and voila you understand minor keys too

btw, you know E Maj and D# min are completely different keys, right? E Maj is E F# G# A B C# D#, D# min is D# E# F# G# A# B C#
Learn keys? If you learnt your scales you could just shift your position accordingly
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I really tried not to be sarcastic in responding to this thread ...and agreed that i won't be. But dude, that is not a really good question to be asking!
You don't learn in 'specific keys' and definately not in one or two!!! You learn the scales and play them in whatever key the music is in without limiting yourself. There is no 'neo-classical key'! But you can have neo-classical sounding scales and modes. Doesnt matter whether in E, F, G, A or whatever! Catch my drift? I say no more! Happy learning.
Quote by wise1man
I really tried not to be sarcastic in responding to this thread ...and agreed that i won't be. But dude, that is not a really good question to be asking!
You don't learn in 'specific keys' and definately not in one or two!!! You learn the scales and play them in whatever key the music is in without limiting yourself. There is no 'neo-classical key'! But you can have neo-classical sounding scales and modes. Doesnt matter whether in E, F, G, A or whatever! Catch my drift? I say no more! Happy learning.

While in theory I agree you can probably get away in Neo-classical by knowing A harmonic minor and almost nothing else
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.