Ok, so im seriously considering selling my Dean Razorback 255 so i can get a Jackson King V (possibly a KV2 or KV5).

How does it feel, like whats the neck like, compared to a wide Dean, and how heavy is it?

Also whats the sustain like? (thats a big issue with me)

How hard is it to get to high frets?

Is it comfortable?

Anyone with more info on it, feel free to contribute

I do wanna go try one, but i cant find anywhere with one, so ill have to get them to order it, but i wanna make sure its right.

If this doesnt go here, could a mod move it please, or someone direct me to the right thread?

Thanks.

Oh and UG doesnt have any reviews on it, so i just need you guys opinion.
First off all I love you GAS list.
Secondly I would trade in the dean for the Jackson. I have not played it but i have played the ESP LTD v 500 or something like that so they have similar shape and its very comfartable.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Ahah, yeah, ummm that needs to be updated, i moved past some of those, like the ESP SV or Jackson RR24. For some reason, recently i just got turned off actives pups and now i cant stand them.

Thats why im choosing a KV over the RR24.

My specs include:
OFR
Passive Pups
24 frets
6 or 7 string
Neck thru
Slimmish neck
Not a RG/strat/tele/other more standard shape.

So i went towards a Jackson KV2 or KV5. My budget is about $3000-$3200, depending on how much i get for my Dean. Ill probably order it from America or another country, Aus just charges WAY too much for guitars. And i wanna be able to afford this, even if i have to put in extra for it.
I have Jackson King V Js-30
It's the entry level but I can tell you it's very comfortable both to play and run your fingers along the fretboard. Sustain was an issue until I put in EMG's. However my guitar did only have crappy jackson stock pickups. Yours would probably have a nice set of seymour duncan's. It's very easy to get to the high frets but they are small on my neck but again it's an entry level guitar with medium sized frets. I've played a razorback before a very expensive one and I still prefered my Jackson and it's much lighter than the Dean also
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
Quote by PrideDemon
I have Jackson King V Js-30
It's the entry level but I can tell you it's very comfortable both to play and run your fingers along the fretboard. Sustain was an issue until I put in EMG's. However my guitar did only have crappy jackson stock pickups. Yours would probably have a nice set of seymour duncan's. It's very easy to get to the high frets but they are small on my neck but again it's an entry level guitar with medium sized frets. I've played a razorback before a very expensive one and I still prefered my Jackson and it's much lighter than the Dean also

Very helpful, thanks heaps. that helped alot, ive come to realise the KV2 is gonna cost me my Dean and probably everything else i own. So ill go with the KV5. Im stick on colours though if i get them to order it.
(WARNING! HUGE PICS!)
White with black bevels:

Bolted Steel: