looking for a little advice on new strings for my american deluxe ash strat.
any input would be great.
thanks
DR Color Coated Heavy Guage are great. I get the black beauties.
I started to feel really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't
- Kurt Cobain
I have to Agree I use DR Colour Coated Black Beauties for me too Use them on all my guitars.
Gear:
Guitars:
1. Epiphone Custom Shop Explorer Apparition
2. BC Rich Iron Bird 2003 LTD Spaceface
3. Gould KK Series LTD Reaper 600
4. BC Rich Warbeast WMD
5. Cort X6 Custom
6. Dradnaught Acoustic
Quote by Equivalence
I've recently tried The Dean Markley Blue steel strings...they are pretty awesome

I've always liked mine, they feel more "elastic" than the ernie balls that everyone seems to use.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
All you're going to get with asking that question is lots of posts from people telling you to use the same strings as they do. It's much better if you find a gauge and make of string that works for you.

For example - I generally play lighter gauge strings (9's on my Jackson and 10's on my Epiphone), because I like the slick, fast feel of light strings. Some people prefer thicker strings because they like to downtune or because they prefer the tone.

As for brands, each time you change strings for a while, use a different brand. Then you should get a feel for which ones you prefer.
Quote by Equivalence
I've recently tried The Dean Markley Blue steel strings...they are pretty awesome

those and elixers. i had those babys on 4 like 5 months b4 any rust showed up. granted i wiped them down b4 and after i played.