So, I only have 4 strings on my guitar. E, A, D and G... The B and high e broke. I am in Iraq and dont have any means of getting new strings other than by mail which takes approx. 2 weeks. And on top of that, I just moved to a new base so I am not sure how the mail system is working here yet. It may take even longer. So, I was wondering if there are any decent or at least half way decent songs of any genre that I can learn and practice until I can get some new strings? ... Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Quote by DarkValo666
Any Soulfly songs, because Max Cavalera only uses 4 strings on his guitar as well.
Early CKY stuff is like this too, because Deron had only the E, A, D and G strings on his guitar. 'Shippensburg' is a pretty cool song to check out.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Last edited by -NOFX- at Oct 21, 2009,
Most older CKY songs. Derron only used 4 strings on his Parker.

Damn. Too late.
"A love pirate ? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that ?"
Last edited by peebo1845 at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by szekelymihai
most power chord song, which include a lot of Nirvana's work.
try lake of fire.
furthermore, you can learn Welcome Home and Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica

lake of fire uses the b and e strings
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Outstanding. Thank you. I was about to go out of my mind. Hahaha. I will check some of those songs out and see what I can manage to play.
rhythm parts of a lot of songs will only be on the lower strings. metallica has a lot of those (a lot of metal bands will too). green day has a lot of those (most punk/punkish bands will too).
loads of the offspring, metallica's for whom the bell tolls and most of master of puppets.
JOE DYE
Quote by szekelymihai
most power chord song, which include a lot of Nirvana's work.
try lake of fire.
furthermore, you can learn Welcome Home and Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica

lake of fire is a song by Meatpuppets
but yeah, power chord songs are probably the best if you don't have any e and b strings.
Most Ramones song could work
Quote by Maximum._.Power
lake of fire is a song by Meatpuppets
but yeah, power chord songs are probably the best if you don't have any e and b strings.
Most Ramones song could work

i know , i know... but most people know it to be of nirvana
all your power chord bands would work

greenday
blink 182
nirvana
ramones
diesel boy
nofx
etc.... mind you all songs might not fit, but there are a ton from these bands alone.