Hey guys whats up? Well i have a collection of hardtails, my favorite being my prs. Anyways i want to keep my hellraiser so i can keep it in C but i really want a guitar with a floyd on it. I wanted an original floyd but they seem hard to come by. I really dont want to spend over $1000. I was talking to this guy at my local shop he said he could get me a transparent black MH-1000FR for $825 out the door. That is a smoking deal for sure. But the thing that scares me on the LTD is the Floyd 1000 series. I want to know that i wont have any horror stories with this bridge. Any ideas?
There not as good a the original but they will do the job. See how it feels when you play it, and find some reveiws on the guitar see if there any problems with it.
Are there any other guitars i should be looking at? I dont want an ibanez btw. And ive never even owned a FR so i guess i dont know what i should be looking for. I guess i could just dive bomb the hell out of it and see if it stays in tune.
Dude samash is selling the white ones for 599 and I think you can find a $100 off coupon on their website as well. I just picked one up a few weeks ago and love it got it for 534. It is also my first guitar with a FR so I was a little worried about it but like you are. But after reading reviews on the guitar and the things to do with a FR I am no longer worried about it. I believe you can still get the white ones on samash.com if you hurry. The most important thing with any FR I have come to learn is that you have to make sure to streach the string really good when you get them and it will help it stay in tune.
the mh-1000s i've heard are pretty reliable. im not sure about the floyd 1000 series, havent played them. try to play it and see if u like it. for testing a floyd, just winging it around and playing with it is really the only way i could see to test and see if it holds tune.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
It depends on if the place you play it at has set up the guitar or not. Becasue my would not stay in tune when I first started playing it because the strings needed to be streched but then after that it stays in tune.
The Edge-Pro's are really cool. I've used both an OFR and the Edge Pro and I must say, the Edge Pro is so much better. More convenient over all as well. The Rg1570's are on sale or something still I think, so you can get one with a case for 899.
Quote by SW1000
It depends on if the place you play it at has set up the guitar or not. Becasue my would not stay in tune when I first started playing it because the strings needed to be streched but then after that it stays in tune.

When it comes in the guy is going to put a EVH de-tuner on it and set it up in E with my strings that i want on it. So it should be ready to go. Ill just abuse the hell out of it and see if it goes out of tune.