Hi, I am still on my quest to find a les paul.

I've stumbled accross these Westfield Les Pauls on ebay. It's available int he colour I want (cherryburst) but I would like to ask if anyone has any experience with thse les pauls, should I buy one?

I'm hoping for a good les paul for Classic rock, mainly Led Zeppelin, and while it will be mainly played at home, I'm hoping to play it live in future. Any good? Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Westfield-E4000-LP-Style-Electric-Guitar-COLOUR-CHOICE_W0QQitemZ150382019393QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item2303778341

That's it, thanks
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
No no no.

Save up and get a Epiphone for £200ish, made to Gibson standard BY Gibson, fantastic guitars. Westfield are lame guitars imo
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
They're not bad guitars. I have and E4500 which is basically they're copy of an LP custom. It has served me well. Stock pickups are absolute crap though. I mean terrible. I swapped mine for a cheap set of Epi pickups (I know, not great) and it made a huge difference. If you're on a budget (and I'm assuming you are, looking at £130 guitars) then you cant go far wrong with one of these. It's by no means an amazing guitar, and it will need a good set up and a pickup swap, but it does the job. I've gigged with mine a few times and it has held up well, and the playability was good considering how much i got it for (£80 new )

However saving up just a little more money could get you better guitar.

But for £130 you can't go far wrong with one of these
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
No no no. Save up and get a Epiphone for £200ish, made to Gibson standard BY Gibson, fantastic guitars. Westfield are lame guitars imo

^No no no.Save up and get a Tokai for £200-£300ish, made to and better than Gibson standards, bloody brilliant guitars.
Epiphone are lame guitars imo
Quote by Baby Joel
^No no no.Save up and get a Tokai for £200-£300ish, made to and better than Gibson standards, bloody brilliant guitars.
Epiphone are lame guitars imo

Tokai's at that price are made of basswood and alder, not mahagony, not giving you the proper "Les Paul" sound.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
No No NO!
You can get a nice Vintage (brand) V100 LP for under £200 from a lot of the bigger stores in UK. But the best deal has to be a T C Ellis Series 2. He hand assembles and finishes them, then gives them a very careful setup. All for £299 with a hard case.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Ok, well I am looking into alot of these. The Vintage V100 is probably what I'm going for, thanks.

and also what do you lot think of the Vox Valvetronix, and what's the difference between the normal AD amps and the XL ones? Are they bigger or something?

Thanks, and also what do we all think of the Roland Microcube, and is it loud enough for gigging?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

the Roland Microcube, and is it loud enough for gigging?

For playing Jazz in a Coffee Shop, perhaps. Otherwise, not a chance.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Eurozeppelin
Ok, well I am looking into alot of these. The Vintage V100 is probably what I'm going for, thanks.

and also what do you lot think of the Vox Valvetronix, and what's the difference between the normal AD amps and the XL ones? Are they bigger or something?

Thanks, and also what do we all think of the Roland Microcube, and is it loud enough for gigging?

The XL ones are designed for higher gain style of playing. I have one, its great.

Honestly though, I only find myself using the super-clean one, a mid level gain one for overdrive (the orverdirve settings they have are kinda...dry) and a high gain one, on a lowish gain setting, for my distortion sounds.

Theyre good though - XL means Xtreme Lead.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Ok, and what about the Valvetronix? AD series, I'm looking at getting either the 30, 50 or 100 watt one, - I'm looking for two key features

- Led Zeppelin tone

- Recieves Pedals well (I've heard this is questionable because it's a modelling amp)

I guess all the extra features on it would be great fun to play with, but of course it all comes back to these two things. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks,
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

I have one of these for chrimbo this year I bought the package for £170 off ebay.
I`ve heard one of these in person and personally I think they sound great and are fine for a beginner.

I think some people who are advanced get a bit picky. For a beginner dont think there that bad. A big heavy but I like that in a guitar being quite a large bloke.
The Valvetronix are my favorite of all the 'usual' modeling amps (Spider, Roland, Peavey). It takes pedals fairly well, well for a modelling amp, and it can get some good classic tones if you EQ it right.